Really?!

Options
FitChickBritt
FitChickBritt Posts: 161 Member
I have a little rant....

The ladies at work are always making comments to me about "you're so skinny" and go eat a cheeseburger, and its not fair.... blah blah blah. One girl when I first started working here a few months ago was like, "Ugh I bet you don't even work out and I bet you eat all kinds of bad food and are naturally skinny." That was when I informed her that I was training for a half marathon, I run about 25-30 miles a week and I count every morsel of food that enters my body.

This morning I was making breakfast in the kitchen, and knowing that I'll be working about later and that I need a filling breakfast I mixed a packet of flavored instant oatmeal with a pack of regular. This woman was like "OMG you're going to eat two packs of oatmeal for breakfast!' bringing it to everyones attention and criticizing me for it. Do I make comments when the tamale lady comes and everyone buys a dozen tamales and eats SIX ( I kid you not- SIX) tamales for lunch... NO!! Two packs of oatmeal was 220 calories, I'd say thats pretty good for breakfast.

Sorry for the rant it just made me mad, and all the comment made on a daily basis are starting to irritate me.

Replies

• T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    Its all jealousy....they make those comments because they take out their misery on others

Who cares about what they say....
  • Meghan0129
    Meghan0129 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    Yes, jealousy is evil. What a lot of people don't understand is that although there are people out there who are naturally perfect, most of us have to work hard for it. There are also people who try to sabotage you. My coworkers enjoy trying to force me into brownies and cake. I actually came back to my desk yesterday to find a huge fudge brownie plated for me. What's up with that?!
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    Its all jealousy....they make those comments because they take out their misery on others

Who cares about what they say....

I agree... they just are wishing they could do what you do. Hold your head up and just smile and say "yep" :glasses: to whatever they say to you and let them simmer with their insecurities :cry: - because they aren't yours.:flowerforyou: You're doing a wonderful job. :drinker:
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    Meg...pass me that brownie

I know that it might irritate you...but now you should just look at them and smile...knowing deep inside theyre hating on you cause you look great and theyre stuck eating 6 350 calorie tamale

In fact, the haters (as I call them) fuel my fire
  • BOLO4Hagtha
    BOLO4Hagtha Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Its very rude that people said things like that to you. You work hard and two packs of oatmeal are nothing for someone who is training for a marathon. Good luck in your training, I hope you do well at the marathon :)
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    I get a little of this once in a while. I just say "You wanna drive the car, you gotta put gas in the tank. I'm riding my bicycle 20 miles this afternoon. What are you doing?"

That usually does it. :laugh:
  • siobhannestor
    Options
    Jealousy, pure and simple (with a little bit of mean thrown in)...
  • becabunny
    Options
    I'm with you on that, that was not a large break fast at all. And even at that it was a good nutritional choice. My runners nutrition book I picked up has 300-400 for breakfast, so two oatmeals is hardly out of line. And as far as counting calories, its fuel, you're taking care of what you're putting in your body!!
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    TRy to ignore their idiotic comments
    BTW, I always combine 2 packages of oatmeal.....sorry, but 1 is just not going to do it

Kim