What happens if you cant eat all calories?

JazzyMarie
JazzyMarie Posts: 37 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
So its 2:40pm in the UK and i have 1000 cals plus left...
i dont think im going to eat that much?! Its higher than usual because i've exercised....
if i keep having 100 cals or so left everyday is my metabolic rate going to slow down?
shall i follow the cals or follow my stomach?
x

Replies

• SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    100 or 1000? Big difference, 100 calories is manageable, and probably won't cause a huge problem, 1000 will send you over the edge into starvation and be a big problem for you.
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Also if it's 1000, you'll be really hungry the next day. You'll probably have to give some back.
  • JazzyMarie
    JazzyMarie Posts: 37 Member
    What im saying is i havent had dinner yet and another snack which will add up to about 800 cals so iv calculated that by the end of the day i'll have 200 cals or so left.
    i keep getting 100 cals left everyday and im wondering if this is making my metabolic rate decrease.
    I'm not starving myself trust me!
  • urso99
    urso99 Posts: 37 Member
    I wondered the same thing!

I earn 300-500 extra cals from exercising, and I have a really had time eating all of them!! I always have 100-200 left.

One thing that I do find helpful, if you know your going to burn a l lot of cals in a certain exercise, either do that workout in the early am, so you have time to eat, or start eating higher cal meals from the start.

If you have been logging your exercise, and do the smae routines, you know how many cals your burning, so you should always have that in mind when starting the day out!
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Is it important to eat the calories that you burn in your workout or just have that deficit? I usually try to stay withint my regular calorie goal and not consume my exercise calories. Anyone know if this is a bad thing to do?
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    I'm having a really hard time eating my exercise calories as well, and I'm losing weight...so far so good. I already get up at 5am, so I do my exercise after work and it's hard to cram however many extra calories into just one meal. I'm not fretting about it too much...if I hit a weight loss stall I'll try upping my breakfast calories but like I said, so far it's working for me.
  • RedneckWmn
    That's great! It seems to be working slowly but surely for me as well. Everyone keeps telling me to focus on inches and not so much weight loss as well. I think I'm at a plateau right now. Frustrating!!
  • SHBoss1673
    well, that depends on what your deficit is. If you're deficit is reasonable, and not really big to begin with 100 or 200 probably won't hurt too much, but if you're pushing it with the deficit, then growing that deficit by another 100 could be a real deterrant from weight loss.

In other words, You tell us, are you losing? If you're losing then it's probably ok. Remember, weight loss is a lot of trial and error, try something, give it 3 or 4 weeks, then examine and adjust. Sometimes what we try works sometimes it doesn't, really, unless you spend a lot of time in a metabolic lab, that's the only way to go about it. You can make reasonable edjucated guesses, but without the aforementioned lab, they're still just that, guesses.
  • RedneckWmn
    Hey thanks for all the help!
  • krl523
    krl523 Posts: 53
    Is it okay to add on an extra whey protein shake to help with the calorie defecit throughout the day? I do my taebo tape early in the morning and it burns about 400+ calories
  • SHBoss1673
    Is it okay to add on an extra whey protein shake to help with the calorie defecit throughout the day? I do my taebo tape early in the morning and it burns about 400+ calories

yes, that's perfectly fine.
  • In response to the topic title: you give the calories to me to eat. :)
This discussion has been closed.