calorie intake+exercise calories = weight gain at 4'9"?

I have been exercising for years and my weight has always fluctuated. However the argument could be made that even though I have been working out, I have been eating all the wrong things. My problem is; I am 28, 4'9" and because I am horizontally challenged :wink: I put on a pound and it looks like 5. Currently I weigh 50kg, I run 3-4 times a week (miCoach interval running) and sometimes lift 1-2 times a week, if at all. My advised calorie intake from MFP is 1200. My question is, should I eat my exercise calories? If so would a protein shake after workouts or runs suffice? At no point during the day do I find myself starving so I wonder whether eating my exercise calories would work against me over time. I would like to lose more body fat, trim and tone. I have read other blogs where other users ask the same question, however the big difference is my height. People have been giving advice to eat more, however they have about a foot on me :smile:

Any advice anyone could give me would be greatly appreciated. This is the first time I have taken both nutrition and exercise seriously at the same time. So this time, if I'm going to do it, I'm going to do it right!!!:smile: