Hi, any encouragement greatly received!

Options
Hi all

Well here we go again...time to get my eating under control!

I've used a site like this before but never really took advantage of the support network, probably because it always seemed a bit too American for me, that's not an insult it's just that I'm a Brit and we're always a little bit too reserved for our own good.

Someone once said that the definition of stupidity was doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result, which sort of sums up my approach to getting fit and healthy over the years, so it's time to forget about that "stiff upper lip" nonsense and reach out for support.

If anyone would like to offer any encouragement or just chat about how to keep going, that would be fantastic.

Good luck to everyone out there...stay lucky!

Replies

• Garrettsmom
    Garrettsmom Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Well...welcome to MFP! I have been here for a little over a week and have found it very helpful. All of us are here to help you to meet your goals! Good luck to you!
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the most friendly and supportive site on the Internet. Good luck on your journey!
  • shaggys
    shaggys Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    This is a great site!I really wasn't expecting to lose weight by counting alone,but it absolutely has worked! Good luck!
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    welcome to MFP ....wishing you much success in your weight loss journey ....this site is full of awesome friendly people with lots of support and motivation .......again good luck
  • shaggys
    shaggys Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    "Someone once said that the definition of stupidity was doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result"
    BTW,That is Einstein's definition of insanity :drinker:
  • Hughesy
    Options
    Insanity...yep, that just about sums it up!

Thanks to everyone for their kind words.:smile: