I know there are some Insanity people out there - help!

Options
I want to start but I want to be able to follow the meal plan but I am a vegetarian so it seems so overwhelming to go through to make the substitutions and such.
If you have done the program - how much did you follow the meal plan? If I do 5 300/400kcal meals a day that are healthy, carb and protein balanced? Or should I follow their exact plan?

If any of you are vegetarians - what did your meals look like?

Thanks!

Add me maybe?

Replies

• fuelingit
    Options
    I did insanity, but I definitely didn't follow the meal plan to a T ( Iwasn't eating meat then). Some suggestions for proteins would be cottage cheese, greek yogurt, eggs, egg whites, protein powders, milk, cheese strings, textured vegetable protein (google recipes with this in it), meat substitutions if you're comfortable with that, etc. I would try balanacing out each meal. So try and have a nice bit of protein and some carbs each time you eat!

Egg burritos, egg sandwiches, hummus sandwich with avacado and cheese, protein french toast/pancakes/waffles (google), protein smoothies (tons of recipes for these too! google), eggs and toast, bean burritos (refried beans and regular beans), and so on.