Insanity

Options

Replies

• JDavis352
    JDavis352 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I just did my first workout on Thursday. I hope I am able to stay motivated and can use all the help in this department that I can. Feel free to add me. I have just joined MFP today and hope that I will be diligent in recording what I eat. I am wondering how to determine the calories spent on completing these workouts. Any idea?
    I found a exercise calculator on Everydayhealth.com that a MFP friend recommend to me. It has an Insanity option.
  • JDavis352
    Options
    Plyometric Cardio Circuit DONE!!
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I'm actually going to ask my husband to get me Insanity for Christmas.
  • shinkalork
    shinkalork Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Insanity's amazing. You'll have a blast. 63 days of pure cardio hell but it's worth it.

I finished it on Nov 11th.

Good luck.
  • porscheparcher
    Options
    Insanity is crazayyyy! But it is a great workout if you're ready for it! Do you have a coach? Be sure to work with your coach to make sure everything is going well! I'm here for you! :)
  • astarkey15
    astarkey15 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Started yesterday for the first time. I am a runner, but I wanted to try something different. I did the Plyometric Cardio Circuit today. Man it was tough, but I expect to see great results if I stick with it!! I also have been bad about recording my food, so I started up on here to try to keep track.
  • squiguk
    squiguk Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi All, I am in the same boat (not been recording my food for a while!) but want to do Insanity. I did the fitness test last night and I'm hoping I can carry on as the reviews have been so good. I will try and post my progress on here (I will also be keeping a manual diary of each workout).

Good luck to everyone doing it!
  • rhoades716
    Options
    Hey everyone! Saw lots of people wanted to start Insanity or just started. I just started a group today called Insanity- dont just push play, push each other. The goal of the group is to have rookies and Insanity graduates motivate each other to get through the whole 60 days together. We want a 100% completion rate! If you want to join the group that would be awesome, its a public group.

Just don't push play, push each other!

Adam
  • Yogi_Carl
    Yogi_Carl Posts: 1,906 Member
    Options
    Can Insanity be considered as High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT)? because some of the exercises seem to be keeping the heart rate up but easier than the next one which is a killer and so on - they seem to alternate.
    Example - "running on the spot, set and then sprint!" - back to running on the spot.
  • Perixi
    Perixi Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I Finished insanity last week and after a week off im restarting again tonight!
  • BOLO4Hagatha
    BOLO4Hagatha Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Can Insanity be considered as High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT)? because some of the exercises seem to be keeping the heart rate up but easier than the next one which is a killer and so on - they seem to alternate.
    Example - "running on the spot, set and then sprint!" - back to running on the spot.

Yes, I believe it is. I think they actually advertise it as a HIIT workout.
  • kotersmom
    kotersmom Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Did my fit test this morning! This is the 3rd or 4th attempt at it and I am determined to complete it this time!
  • jnh17
    jnh17 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I'm on my 3rd week of my second round (took about 3 weeks off in between rounds). It's hard...it's STILL hard even after completing it and tackling month 2. Make sure and make Insanity friends. It helped and is helping SOOOO much!
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    I started today myself...tried it once before....lasted the 1st round but not the 2nd month.....Did Fit Test and ready to complete the entire program....I am determined to...
  • JDavis352
    Options
    Did my fit test this morning! This is the 3rd or 4th attempt at it and I am determined to complete it this time!
    Wow! I thought I was reading my own post for a second! Had to look at the name. I am in the same boat as you. This is my 3rd of 4th go at it. I will finish this time. I joined a NYE challenge on here so I have 6 weeks to lose some pounds and inches and I WILL do it this time! Good luck!
  • maryjay52
    maryjay52 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    my daughter has been doing insanity for the last week..her personality has increased for the better 100%+ ... she said she is in pain from it but its a good pain where she knows she is working her body and that its going to show a difference... from reading about it all the time on here and then her testimony i decided to get it ..you can get them on ebay less expensive too which i did... im looking forward to it getting here in the mail so i can start my insanity journey too... whoohoooo
  • squiguk
    squiguk Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi All, did the first workout last night, had to take a few rests near the end and struggled with the push ups.

Does anyone know if you can move your rest days around?? Basically I have limited space and the workouts are making the whole house shake! So I don't really want to get up at 5am and wake everyone up...but if I have plans in the week can I just have my rest day when I do something?

Anyone else have this problem? I'm worried I'm not giving it my all because I'm working out in a small space!
  • kotersmom
    kotersmom Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Plyo complete! Gonna feel it in the morning!!
  • SillySkittles
    SillySkittles Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I've just started my recovery week before starting on month two and I'm STILL loving it! Not gonna lie, but it doesn't feel any easier the longer you do it! *LOL* I'm hoping it's not because I continue to suck, but because with every workout you get stronger and better and are able to push yourself more. It's AWESOME to be able to do a push-up jack and compare it to the first time I did it during the fit test where I kind of just faked your way through it. Still HATE globe jumps with a passion. I find that concentrating on not dying is the best way to get through each workout.

I have been blogging my experience consistently after EVERY Insanity workout so that I can look back on it later once I've finished. I've read back on a bunch of entries I've done - especially when I don't feel like doing it or I feel discourage and it's nice to remind myself that there's been improvement when sometimes, the mind spiral will have me convinced I'm not getting anywhere. My second last post has all my starting stats and fit test results as well as my halfway through results.

Feel free to add me if you like :) Good luck, stick to it, push yourself, forgive yourself and have an insaaaanely awesome journey!
  • telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    I'm almost done with round 2 of Insanity and I love it! If you have a heart rate monitor you can record your results on MFP by creating a custom exercise entry. Then all you need to do is update the calorie burn each time you do that workout.

Feel free to add me if you're looking for Insanity friends! Good luck!