Low Sugar Sweet Treat....

buggaboo73
buggaboo73 Posts: 169
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
.....and comforting for those of us raised on PBJ. I just had one and I love it, it's my new TOM snack I know that........I use a sandwich thin like Arnolds, right now I have the whole wheat variety, 1/2 tbspn kraft extra creamy peanut butter and 1 tbspn smuckers SF blackberry jelly which.....loe and behold....actually TASTES like jelly and mmmmmmm clocks out at 155 cals, 3 sugars, 6 protein and 6 fiber. Good for those of us who have sugar addictions or just want to go low GI and it delivers on the comfort and sweet tooth as well. :smile: I probably won't do more than one a day, I mean there is also 5 fat, good fats but still.....fat. But for that afternoon sweet tooth mmmmmmm.

Replies

• fitinyoga14
    fitinyoga14 Posts: 448 Member
    i make this all the time. its my favorite treat :) i substitute different things for my "pb" and my "j". for example, i'll use almond butter, sunflower butter, or just a little peanut butter. i'll also use sugar free jam, no sugar added fruit preserves, or just fresh fruits. the Arnold's are my favorite bread so far. whole wheat english muffins come in for second.

:drinker: yay for healthy pb&j!
  • jdavis193
    jdavis193 Posts: 972 Member
    I make peanut butter sandwhiches all the times. It cheap to. Well I make it for lunch.!!!! I sometimes grill it like a grilled cheese. I use the no cal spray butter. It's great!!!
  • SarahJayRigdon
    SarahJayRigdon Posts: 113 Member
    This is a great idea, I LOVE any kind of nut butter and have really tried to cut it out completely! I used to eat a PB covered english muffin every day for breakfast, but this sound so good I might just have to allow my self one once a week! Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.