Dinner time NSV!

Options
shaxnax
shaxnax Posts: 87 Member
I have a three year old, said three year old usually always has food left after dinner, and I usually finish it for her. Tonight I left her food ALONE! Didn't eat it! I also didn't get more dinner after mine was gone, I felt like I could have eaten more, and now that it has been a while I can feel how full I actually am! Ahhh glorious baby steps.

Replies

• maggiemay22467
    maggiemay22467 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    That is Wonderful I have always had the same problem eatting my kids left overs. Good for you hang in there that was a big step not small.
  • shaxnax
    Options
    Thanks, lol I know it is a big step. It seems so easy, just don't eat it, but it is so hard for me to throw it away, I feel accomplished.
  • MandaJean83
    MandaJean83 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    That's so great! I'd imagine that's a HUGE NSV for any mom!
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Good choices make a big difference those calories your kids leave behind add up quickly:wink:
  • barbiesnd
    barbiesnd Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Well done!

I've been a Nanny for 27 years, So I've had 27 years of left over food on plates (as with most of us I was always told that not clearing your plate was wasteful) Here are my 2 helpful hints 1) If the kids are old enough get them to scrape the food into the garbage. 2) If they are not keep a salt shaker on the table, salty food is not so tempting........
  • shaxnax
    Options
    Oh that is a great idea! I am NOT a fan of salty food at all. :D thanks for the tip.
  • JasonsSoulMate
    JasonsSoulMate Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Awesome work! While I can't bring myself to touch anyone's left over food, I watch my husband do it all the time and know he can't resist at all, so I know how hard it was for you. As someone else said, get your youngin to scrape the plate, at 3 they are old enough if you help them and not only are you stopping the left overs from going where they are not meant to, but you are also teaching them awesome life skills to help you at home!!! BONUS!
  • Annieloujackson
    Annieloujackson Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Awesome! This is something I struggle with as well. I read somewhere that "your health is more valuable than wasted food," so I try to repeat that to myself as I'm scraping my kids' wasted food into the trash can!
  • shaxnax
    Options
    I should have her start scrapping her plate, she has only been three for two weeks, but is probably ready for three year old responsibility. And, yes I do have to keep remembering health is more important than wasted food, thanks for the reminder. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!