Ladies help!!

samanthalynne21
samanthalynne21 Posts: 140 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
During my monthly "friend" lol i have the hardest time staying motivated...I don't work out just walking...and I want to know if any of you have ideas or suggestions of what you do. My cycle is very heavy and painful. Just makes things more difficult :-/

Replies

• Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    During my monthly "friend" lol i have the hardest time staying motivated...I don't work out just walking...and I want to know if any of you have ideas or suggestions of what you do. My cycle is very heavy and painful. Just makes things more difficult :-/

AHHH its my PMS week right now!! I dont even care about what Im eating. Im so hungry all the time no matter what I eat. If you look at my food diary you will see. I've been doing sooooo bad since friday and Im going out to eat tonight. I totally hear you. I hate it. Im sure i gained the weigh back, Its so frustrating but I really cant control it.
  • TheBestMe
    TheBestMe Posts: 108 Member
    I have heavy and painful monthly periods as well. As hard as it is to get motivated during that time I have found that working out actually eases some of the pain and cramping. It also helped my period stay a little more on track. Make sure you drink a lot of water and you can eat more during this time. Your body is burning more calories when you have your period so you may need to fuel it a little more.

Good Luck and I hope this helped!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    When I use to have one, it was ALWAYS SUPER BAD but I STILL did my running or fitness class because it actually helped ease the cramps. I would wear two sports bras cuz they hurt real bad too. Drink XTRA water when you are like this because of the retention that always come with this time of month! I tell you I do NOT miss it one bit!!! Also ipuprofin is an anti anflamatory and will reduce some swelling and pain!
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,493 Member
    When I use to have one, it was ALWAYS SUPER BAD but I STILL did my running or fitness class because it actually helped ease the cramps. I would wear two sports bras cuz they hurt real bad too. Drink XTRA water when you are like this because of the retention that always come with this time of month! I tell you I do NOT miss it one bit!!! Also ipuprofin is an anti anflamatory and will reduce some swelling and pain!

Me too... I found that I always felt better and had an easier period when I would exercise... And I couldn't have survived without my ibuprofen!!!
  • SarahJayRigdon
    SarahJayRigdon Posts: 113 Member
    I agree, When I work out that time of the month, I feel SOOOOOO much better. I always start out with a good stretch before hand, even longer than normal because that begins to ease the pain too.
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    I triple pack my birth control pills so I only have my period 4 times a year. :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • leeslim4life
    leeslim4life Posts: 371 Member
    Drinking lots of water helps ease the flow, you can also take 2 advils an hr before working out. It's my time of month as well and I am banging out my workouts!!! I push through everything, I do find myself weaker but, it's all good! I still eat the same.... healthy and clean! Stay away from Milk, it worsens the cramps, at least for me it does!!! Good Luck!
  • giuliacarpenter
    giuliacarpenter Posts: 13 Member
    I just started yesterday I didn't even thing about "my friend". what would you guys suggest for eating during that time. I could eat the whole kitchen during that week.

Any suggestions?
  • Not to "poo poo" the ladies who are saying that working out helps during that time of the month because alot of times it does, but I'm unfortuntately one of those people who it doesn't help. My cramps are soooo bad that I usually have to take a Lortab or something along those lines to break the pain (which ofcourse puts me to sleep). But I would recommend doing some yoga or pilates. For some reason the stretching and easy movements kindof help before the pain gets too bad. Listen to your body and workout or move around when the pain is not as intense. Or if you are like me and cramp the entire time you are on then do the easy workouts that week (light walking, yoga, pilates, etc.) and then pick it back up after its over. Good luck!!
This discussion has been closed.