Allpro Starter Routine and TDEE stats

Options
Hi There,

Hoping to clarify as a newbie "heavy" lifter, if I am doing the Allpro Starter Routine 3 x per week with about 15 - 20 min (cumulative, warm-up) cardio - should I set my exercise level to "lightly active" or "moderately active" for calculating appropriate TDEE?

Otherwise I'm not very active in the day.

I'm working on body recomposition rather than weight loss/gain.

Thanks!

Replies

• jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    I'd set it to what you're like during the day and then add your exercise either by putting in the time and the type if exercise, or better still, using a HRM.
  • NoSkinnyFat
    Options
    Thanks, are you a heavy lifter yourself?
  • jaz050465
    Options
    No. I have started running and Jilluan Michaels Body Revolution. I'm thinking if starting though.
  • jaz050465
    Options
    Ill take a look at the Alpeo starter routine!
  • jaz050465
    Options
    Ah. Is Allpro a gym?
  • NoSkinnyFat
    Options
    No Allpro is a guy on the bodybuilding.com forum that created this program, as far as I understand:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147447933

I'm starting week 2 next week.... it's good to do the compound exercises.. I don't really like the light day, but that's because it kinda feels like cheating ;)

Good luck with whatever you decide!
  • jaz050465
    Options
    Thanks. Ill take a look.
  • FullOfWin
    FullOfWin Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Good routine. Wish I had started with it myself.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    I've done allpros a while. It's a pretty solid routine. It's much slower in strength gains than, say, Starting Strength or Stronglifts, but has the upside of promoting hypertrophy.

Set your level to sedentary, then use the track exercise (cardio - strength training) on days you do the program.

A heart rate monitor is not accurate for strength training. Not that the guess MFP makes is much better, at least it won't grossly overestimate.
  • NoSkinnyFat
    Options
    I've done allpros a while. It's a pretty solid routine. It's much slower in strength gains than, say, Starting Strength or Stronglifts, but has the upside of promoting hypertrophy.

Set your level to sedentary, then use the track exercise (cardio - strength training) on days you do the program.

A heart rate monitor is not accurate for strength training. Not that the guess MFP makes is much better, at least it won't grossly overestimate.

Thanks, I appreciate it. Does that mean I would eat back my exercise calories on those days?
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options

Thanks, I appreciate it. Does that mean I would eat back my exercise calories on those days?

If you take this approach then yes.

I think All Pro's is a solid program. You may find it simpler to manually enter in an estimate for kcals/macros and not eat back exercise calories.

See here to get started:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121703981

To enter macros manually, go to goals>change goals>custom

And you'll have to play with percentages to get as close as you can to your desired values in grams.
  • NoSkinnyFat
    Options

If you take this approach then yes.

I think All Pro's is a solid program. You may find it simpler to manually enter in an estimate for kcals/macros and not eat back exercise calories.

See here to get started:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121703981

To enter macros manually, go to goals>change goals>custom

And you'll have to play with percentages to get as close as you can to your desired values in grams.

What about setting lightly active and chosing a % deficit in average calories i.e. TDEE - ?% I would rather eat the same daily calories if possibly, unless you suggest varying the amount on workout/non-workout days?