anyone doing "Choose to Lose" carb cycling program?

Options
I'm getting this book "Choose to Lose: The 7-Day Carb Cycle Solution" (by Chris Powell).
I would like to find some new friends who is (or has been) following this carb cycling plan, so we can encourage each other.
Thank you very much. :smile:

Replies

• MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I have an outline of the plan that I made this summer. I'm not currently doing it, but message me if you would like a copy. :flowerforyou:
  • garfield89
    garfield89 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I read the book 2 days ago and attempted to start it yesterday, key word "attempted." Yesterday was Friday so it was a low-carb day. I headed off to work with a bag full of small meals for every 3 hours. After my second meal of the day I had such a headache that lasted throughout the rest of the night until I ate some carbs. How are you experiencing the low-carb part of the cycling? What do you do when you feel not-so-good during it?

We can definitely motivate each other!
  • MidgeN27
    MidgeN27 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I started doing Chose to Lose by Chris Powell today! Please ad me if you or anyone else is looking for friends doing this program! Just message me that you are doing Chose to Lose. Thanks!
  • MidgeN27
    Options
    @ Garfield89 did you make sure you had good carbs? Plenty of veggies with the protein you were eating? You need to eat the good carbs! Best wishes to you!
  • MidgeN27
    Options
    The Chris Powell plan is a lot easier to follow then South Beach you eat your own foods and don't have to spend a fortune in making the food of South Beach. It is a lifestyle change that should easily fit into your needs hard part is eating every 3 hours...but with practice it can be done...seems like a winer to me that's why I started it!
  • poberla
    poberla Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I just read most of the book and I am going to start this week. I see that you started it a month ago. Is it still working for you? Have you lost very much weight?
  • poberla
    poberla Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Are you still doing the diet and if so how has it worked for you?