Only just getting into the swing of things.

Options
Hi everyone,

Ive been on the fitness bandwagon for about 8 months now and I have A LOT to lose. However its only in the last three months that I have started seeing results. I attribute this to finally being in the right head space and finally "getting it". And of course having the right tools at my disposal.

I go to a gym, have a personal trainer who I see once a week, record my food in my fitness pal (obviously) and use a Polar Heart rate monitor to track my workouts. I haven't lost a great deal yet, but I'm hoping to continue making good progress. I am currently losing between 300g and 1kg per week, which I think is about right. (Feel free to advise if you have a different opinion). However I also KNOW for a fact that I am putting on muscle. My gym has this test called a maltrons, and its tests muscle mass (among other things) . So I'm feeling pretty good right now.

I go to the gym at least four times during the week, and try to go biking or to the gym at least once on the weekend. This doesn't always happen, but I am getting more and more consistent.

Dietwise, I am technically not on a diet, I am just trying to live by the guidelines of clean eating as much as possible (im still learning, and there are some things I am having trouble giving up, but ill keep trying). My aim is at least 1200 calories a day, and no more then 1300 and I don't eat back my workouts if possible. Special occasions I might let myself, or sometimes it just happens by accident, but I almost never do it on purpose.

I take some supplements that my trainer has recommended, just protein shakes (I don't eat enough protein without it) and a sports drink called define8 (It was recommended to replace energy drinks that I was having, they needed to go)

I've been using my fitness pal for a month or two and found that Im wanting a little more inspiration, and others to interact with to get good ideas and motivation. Everyone has different ideas about fitness and nutrition and I am wanting to get some of them.

Thats pretty much me, Id love to add others to my diary, however its closed to the general public, so just add me, or if we have a chat and you seem cool, I might add you. haha.

Im from Adelaide, Australia, would love to have some locals as well.

Mandy, :smile:

Replies