Hostess is out of business!

Options
rachelfaith92
rachelfaith92 Posts: 202 Member
I was having a great day (low carbing) until I found out hostess went out of business. Needless to say I bought one of everything of their products and sampled one of everything, while holding my knees to my chest in a fetal position, rocking back and forth. There goes my diet, and the dogs diets, today. Damn you hostess!

Replies

• elskars
    Options
    They'll be back. It's just a move by the company to get the union workers out and cheaper labor in. All business.
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Poor dog! don't give them twinkies :(
  • rachelfaith92
    Options
    They'll be back. It's just a move by the company to get the union workers out and cheaper labor in. All business.

I sure hope so. Those allotted days where a Twinkie or CupCake or hoho are able to fit in are golden. That ****tastic sweet plastic taste of goodness and cancer. -sighs dreamily-

The dogs are on wellness for small breeds. I was a veterinary assistant. A piece of Twinkie won't do anything, unless your dog has had previous pancreatic attacks, is diabetic, overweight or obese. The majority of dog foods on the market are about as nutritious as a Twinkie that they eat anyway. Normally they snack on apples, carrots, melon, hard boiled egg, and once in a whole boiled organic meats.
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    RIPHostess.jpg
  • stargazer008
    Options
    I'm pretty sure there are generic versions of Hostess products. Or better yet, you can probably find recipes to make them yourself. You won't be using chemicals like they do in those Hostess products.
  • lveh8lve
    lveh8lve Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    All I'm worried about now are the Zombies. No Twinkies = Zombie Apocalypse
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    RIPHostess.jpg

Ohhhhh - you HAD to go there!
  • rachelfaith92
    Options
    All I'm worried about now are the Zombies. No Twinkies = Zombie Apocalypse

Truer words were never spoken
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Where is Woody Harrelson when you need him??
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    The Mayans were right after all! EVERYBODY PANIC!!!!
  • starcatcher1975
    starcatcher1975 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I never, I mean NEVER, bought twinkies for my kids (they're 14 &13 now) and I did today in case they would not get to taste that chemical cake and creamy goodness again for a while :laugh: I used to eat twinkies as a kid but they really tasted better to me back then. Or maybe being a kid all I cared about was getting that sugar rush in me.

BTW this isn't to say my kids haven't eaten them until now. Their dad and his family lets them eat them when they visit so they have had plenty of twinkies in their lifetime.
  • hungrypotato
    hungrypotato Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    Lol I bought all the twinkies I could find

0UA6c.jpg
  • missashley2390
    Options

0UA6c.jpg

This has to be the best picturre
  • rachelfaith92
    Options

0UA6c.jpg

I am so jealous right now. Everywhere is sold out. How much for one pack of twinkies? ;)
  • VanessaHeartsMasr
    Options
    I drove by the Hostess outlet store down the street and peeked in the window when it was closed tonight. Not one single box of any type of cake on the shelves. I'm so mad at myself for not getting there sooner.
  • blueeyes082
    Options
    This is so sad! how could they go under? everyone loves them!
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    the only thing sad about this is the lost jobs.

The good news is that (maybe) Americans would try and appreciate the local bakery good quality pastries more rather than the crap hostess was selling?
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Basically their labor went on strikes months ago, they went bankrupt and decided it is easier and cheaper just to shut down and fire all the labor.

Most likely they are just going to sell to another company because it is part of a bigger mega umbrella company and they will just basically sell it to themselves in a very confusing way like Kraft does with every thing.
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    I ate a twinkie once when I was around 5 years old. I hated it and never ate another one. My life will go on without Hostess.

Unfortunately the same can't be said for those 18,000 workers...
  • xxloveiswarr
    Options
    the only thing sad about this is the lost jobs.

The good news is that (maybe) Americans would try and appreciate the local bakery good quality pastries more rather than the crap hostess was selling?

Yes, but will the delicious local bakery treats feed us during the zombie apocalypse?!?!?!