Gotta love yoga!!

Options
meeper123
meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
Oh man I was sooo sore yoga just really streches me in all the right places. My favorite pose is transition from cat to cow simple and great for the back. What about you :)

Replies

• hbm616
    hbm616 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I both love and hate pigeon pose. So good for opening my hips but sometimes it feels like too much.
    I also love all the warrior poses, they make me feel so strong!
    And downward dog is always a good one =]
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Hate yoga. Boring, boring.
  • BroiledNotFried
    BroiledNotFried Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Love yoga.

Frog is my move of pain & suffering.
    I love Warrior, especially #3
  • TipsyT
    TipsyT Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    LOVE yoga! So beneficial and relaxing. One of my favorite poses is a restorative one: Supported Fish with Bound Angle. I feel totally open and ready to receive.

Trish
  • megleo818
    megleo818 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    PIGEON!! Love, love, love. OMG.
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with stretching. I've just never called it yoga. That came in with the Beatles and a western discovery and manipulation of eastern practices.
  • miss_erynn
    miss_erynn Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    vinyasa flow...the transition from plank to chaturunga to updog then downdog..... and in a 110 degree room.... even better! ;)
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I don't care for yoga. It makes me hurt, and it doesn't feel good to me. My boss is from India, and he gave me some really good tips, that have helped a lot. But, still, I don't really like it that much. I am not a flexible person at all. I'm just not. So, some of those poses are very uncomfortable for me. I do, however, like simple stretching.
  • meeper123
    Options
    Hate yoga. Boring, boring.

I guess a peacful mind and happy muscles after a long workout is not for everyone
  • YogaMustin
    Options
    I LOVE YOGA and I am a yoga teacher =)

Also love pigeon pose! Another fave is bound half moon. Yoga can be all different things to different people. For some it's a very spiritual experience, while others enjoy the physical benefits most. There are so many types of classes, something for everyone! I teach vinyasa, but also teach classes where it is a vinyasa flow style class but with twist on it, doing hip-hop yoga or black light yoga.
  • meeper123
    Options
    I don't care for yoga. It makes me hurt, and it doesn't feel good to me. My boss is from India, and he gave me some really good tips, that have helped a lot. But, still, I don't really like it that much. I am not a flexible person at all. I'm just not. So, some of those poses are very uncomfortable for me. I do, however, like simple stretching.

perhaps a case of too much too soon?
  • meeper123
    Options
    I LOVE YOGA and I am a yoga teacher =)

Also love pigeon pose! Another fave is bound half moon. Yoga can be all different things to different people. For some it's a very spiritual experience, while others enjoy the physical benefits most. There are so many types of classes, something for everyone! I teach vinyasa, but also teach classes where it is a vinyasa flow style class but with twist on it, doing hip-hop yoga or black light yoga.

that sounds fun :D
  • horseplaypen
    horseplaypen Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I just started doing the P90X yoga... man that is difficult!! EVERY position is muscle-tremor sweaty torture. But, I can definitely see how it will become super rewarding.
  • meeper123
    Options
    I just started doing the P90X yoga... man that is difficult!! EVERY position is muscle-tremor sweaty torture. But, I can definitely see how it will become super rewarding.

thats one type of yoga but there are others hatha yoga is for deep streching :)
  • AsaraFuriosa
    AsaraFuriosa Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge fan of yoga! The stretch is amazing! I thought one was born flexible... not true at all! I don't love the calorie burn but the way yoga works the muscles, it's so undeniably beneficial! I have Fibromyalgia so doing yoga was really hard but incredibly worth it!!

Triangle pose is my favorite. However pigeon, butterfly, and "the transition from plank to chaturunga to updog then downdog" I learned from P90X is so good!
  • Moosycakes
    Moosycakes Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I love yoga!

My favourite poses are pigeon pose, camel, and full bridge. I also like the plough and spider.
    I really like poses that stretch my back :)

My least favourite is downward dog. The blood rushes to my head and I get a bit dizzy.

For relaxation, I love child's pose :)
  • chefitup123
    Options
    Standing bow all the way baby!
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,786 Member
    Options
    There's an open group of people that love yoga, please join:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/1484-generic-yoga-group

My favorite pose always changes. I like balance poses and most of the standing poses, backbends, arm balances, and wide-legged forward bends. I tend to not like twists and abs.
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    The simple downward dog kills me!! My arms burn and my calf muscles hurt!!

Is it just one of those "suck it up and keep going" things, or am I doing it wrong?? Even during Pilates, those are the moves I dread!!
  • I LOVE yoga!!! It helps my body re-set every week (if that makes sense). If my back is hurting, I know that by the end of yoga.... everything will feel good again.

Although I love Yoga.... I do not always love my Yoga teachers... I have had EXCELLENT ones.... when I leave the class I cant help but smile because it was SUCH a good workout (endorphins) and I have had teachers go through the poses like they are a dance routine (quick quick quick). Personally, I like to stay in a pose for an extended period of time... it makes my muscles work harder... and it makes me loosen up faster so that I can stretch deeper.
    HAVE YOU GUYS EXPERIENCED THIS? What do you prefer?

My favorite yoga poses are: Tree Pose, Extended Hand to Big Toe Pose, Cat and Calf, and last but NOT least... Childs Pose.