Thanksgiving

Options
So since the holidays are coming up, I was wondering what are somethings some of you all do to not eat back all that you guys have lost. :) I'm thinking of eating half of the portions serves and upping my exercise just a bit in case I go over board. Any ideas? :D

Replies

• sarahisme18
    sarahisme18 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    So since the holidays are coming up, I was wondering what are somethings some of you all do to not eat back all that you guys have lost. :) I'm thinking of eating half of the portions serves and upping my exercise just a bit in case I go over board. Any ideas? :D

I'm actually not very worried. I'll be having three Thanksgiving dinners and two Christmas dinners.... as well as a week of vacation visiting family.

But I know my TDEE, and know how much I'd have to eat over that to gain back all I've lost (which is A LOT), and I'm not worried. In fact, I'm planning on not tracking a few days. No sweat.

That's 5 high calorie days out of.... 60. I know for a fact I can't undo what I've done when I look at it that way. In fact, looking at it that way and allowing myself to go over a couple of times without punishing myself or depriving myself later makes it easier for me to make conservative choices when I splurge. I'm not hangry anymore ;)
  • Kalah7Renae12Vera
    Kalah7Renae12Vera Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    If you are cooking, step outside the box and try some new things... the traditional mashed potato, stuffing and pumpkin pie staples are outdated. I will be unable to eat for Thanksgiving due to an upcoming surgery, but for my family I have pondered making soy chorizo with brussel sprouts as a side, or quinoa mac and cheese... there are so many alternatives!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    People need to look at this in perspective. It's a couple of days - even if you pay no attention and eat all the food, I doubt you will be eating above maintenance by more than 1,500 calories - that's less than 1/2lb.
  • sarahisme18
    sarahisme18 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    People need to look at this in perspective. It's a couple of days - even if you pay no attention and eat all the food, I doubt you will be eating above maintenance by more than 1,500 calories - that's less than 1/2lb.

QFT.