Nike + for Ipod

Options
Hi All

I recently starting using this app on my new ipod. Is totally built in so no chips etc required. Am fairly sure it ain't that accurate though. Did my first timed 10K race a few weeks ago and the app measured the distance A LOT further than it actually was - said I had run 7 miles when we know 10K is 6.2. Makes a fairly big difference to pace and is pretty disappointing to realise you can't do what you thought you could!!! Has anyone else had this experience or can you recommend something more accurate, that I don't need to spend more $$ on??!

Replies

• Marquism123
    Marquism123 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I am realising Saturday morning's are a rubbish time to get a question answered! It is the middle of the night in the USA and here in the UK no one is at work killing time on MFP; they're all out running!! LOL!
  • AwesomeSquirrel
    AwesomeSquirrel Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    You need to calibrate NIke+ in order for it to be accurute (or more accurate, it will never be absolutely precise). Not sure about the newer models as I have a chip t clip into my iPod, but I re-calibrate mine every now again to account for changes in my step as I improve and it's pretty accurate (within about 100m error margin on a 10K race which is acceptable to me).

For something a lot more expensive and precise you can ask Father Christmas for a Garmin...
  • Marquism123
    Options
    How do I calibrate it and how does that work?! Sorry for dumb questions but am very new to this...
  • Marquism123
    Options
    Bump. Anyone else?
  • Marquism123
    Options
    Am going to bump this one last time before I give up!!
  • Surfrider
    Surfrider Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I dont use it, nor have I ever used it.. but a quick Google Search came up with:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4193
  • Marquism123
    Options
    I dont use it, nor have I ever used it.. but a quick Google Search came up with:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4193

Thanks so much for finding and posting this