Snacks you don't binge on?

Options
2»

Replies

• katetstefans
    Options
    Hi there!!

Thanks so much for posting! Having graduated from the Institute of Integrative Nutrition a few years ago, I was surprised to learn that we often crave what we are allergic too. For me, my cravings were fruits, and breads (SUGARS!) -- dried fruits for me were the worst. I know as we heal from emotional eating, adding more food rules to your plate might feel un-easing -- but with an enormous rise of food sensitivities -- I wanted to bring this up. When I cut out the fruit and the bread -- my digestive issues subsided, my cravings went away, and my low grade depression + anxiety went away almost over night. Just a thought! Feel free to check out my site: www.katestefans.com for some great information. I am coming out with an allergy free guide in the new year that I am really excited to release! I am hoping this might be of some benefit to you :)

Lots of love,
    Kate
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    I'm yet another person who is always tempted to snack on salty things! At the moment, I have some small clementines and tangerines in the house and try to have one of those if I really want something. It doesn't satisfy the salt craving, but it does seem to lessen it. I also have to be careful with alcohol. Drinking alcohol is pretty much guaranteed to make me want salty food.
  • cstexas2012
    cstexas2012 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Omg yeah after a night of drinking all I want is salt and bread. I could eat like 4 bagels consecutively.

That's really interesting about allergies. I remember reading about that when I (briefly) cut out gluten after a doctor suggested it might help this breathing problem I have.
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    I would recommend buying single serve packs, but totally get the cash flow thing. So buy that stuff and get some cheap snack bags. Portion it out and put it in the freezer. Make yourself go into another room or place to eat your portion. You will be less likely to get up and get another one, and you WILL learn to appreciate a single serving. I went from bingeing on a can of nuts to eating just one serving out of the can. You can do it!

Also, more expensive, though, are healthy bars. KIND bars are a really nice satisfying snack.

Also for crunchy - single serves of dry cereal. You could make a nice trail mix with your nuts and dried fruit!

Good luck!