northern soul dancing

Options
Hi everyone

Does anyone do northern soul dancing for exercise and can anyone recommend how or where to go to learn how to do it? I'm in Yorkshire in the UK.

Thanks

Kat

Replies

• Yogi_Carl
    Yogi_Carl Posts: 1,906 Member
    Options
    Hi Kat - I've no idea but, wow! what a great way to get fit. Good luck with it.
  • EweCreekCottage
    EweCreekCottage Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    What is Northern Soul Dancing Kat? Sounds sexy and exotic
  • mightdomightnot
    mightdomightnot Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    What is Northern Soul Dancing Kat? Sounds sexy and exotic

I'm not sure about sexy and exotic when I try and do it....but you can see some experts here! :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5L0n2IPiX7U
  • Yogi_Carl
    Yogi_Carl Posts: 1,906 Member
    Options
  • mightdomightnot
    Options

Thanks for the great link.....that teacher looks great.....think I'll start with the beginner dvd!!
  • Greg3705
    Greg3705 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Looks like more fun than the treadmill. The best workout is something you enjoy doing
  • pickledginger
    Options
    That looks like an absolute blast! Go for it. :-)
  • EweCreekCottage
    EweCreekCottage Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    wow that is cool looks like fun I sorta saw variations on a lot of 1950's and 60's moves way cooler though... and not what I was expecting I can so see you rocking this Might!!
    RaNae
  • mightdomightnot
    Options
    Thanks guys....I'd love to know how many calories it burns!
  • maricash
    maricash Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I don't know about Northern Soul, but I have lost a lot of weight using swing dancing as my main form of exercise. It's so much fun and it doesn't feel like exercising even though I am clearly getting my heart rate way up. That dance looks like it would give you a similarly good, fun, workout.
  • mightdomightnot
    Options
    I don't know about Northern Soul, but I have lost a lot of weight using swing dancing as my main form of exercise. It's so much fun and it doesn't feel like exercising even though I am clearly getting my heart rate way up. That dance looks like it would give you a similarly good, fun, workout.

swing dancing.....I'l check it out sounds fun :)