I need a hug. . .

poustotah
poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Normally I do really well. I've lost 35 pounds since starting with MFP and I've lost a total of 79 pounds. in all. The last few days I haven't been feeling it all that much. I haven't been throwing the program or anything but today I've just felt really depressed so I ate some pizza. I'm going to the gym again tonight to take the kick-box aerobics class and I'm hoping that will help my mood. My calories are fine for the day so I'm not screwed up there but I just want to eat random things. I'm not even hungry, I just feel like poo. Does anyone else go through this? What helps you get over it? Thanks guys.

Replies

• i go through that around that time of the month. this too shall pass! what helps me (most of the time) is finding something lo-cal that i can just mindlessly munch on (air-popped popcorn comes to mind) and watch a movie or go for a walk. i also take a bunch of vitamin c when i get in those moods, and that seems to help. if you have (or can get) some emergen-c, that would probably help the most since it has b vitamins too! it's ok to feel blah every now and then...everyone does...you'll get through it!
  • Catzwitch
    Catzwitch Posts: 205 Member
    {{{{{HUG}}}}}}

I have those days. I battle depression so I tend to have a lot of those days, lol.

Just get through this day and try and refocus the next day. I tend to sometimes have a 'F-it' or "why even bother day' and then end up screwing up a whole week.

But I've learned to just be ok with the screwed up day and then refocus the next day. Its just one day - everyone has them.

Tomorrow is a new day and a fresh day. So don't worry about today. Be moody, cranky, and poo today, and then be done with it.

When you wake up tomorrow, you can say, that's past, this is a good day, let's go!
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    *hug*
    I've been there, many times. What helps me get over it is a stick of gum to help with the sweet tooth and the chewing action curbs my need to pop little treats in my mouth, I exercise for endorphins and an energy boost, and I have sex with my husband because he never fails to make me feel better about myself.
    I hope you feel better soon, hun.
  • kdabis
    kdabis Posts: 34 Member
    I think it's pretty normal how your feeling, everyone goes into a weird funk once in awhile. I know i do. But it shouldnt stop you from continuing to be healthy and fit. So you have an off day, no biggie, you'll fall back into your groove. Im sure you'll feel much better after your gym class :) No doubt! So dont be so hard on yourself, there's always a bad day along with the good. :)
  • sandmart2009
    sandmart2009 Posts: 153 Member
    *hugs to you*

I know the feeling and it's normal. Just keep your face here on MFP ok? We will be here for you to cheer you on! The weight loss stories on Discovery Health always has a positive effect on me. Whatever happens, hang in there and just keep going, ok?
  • poustotah
    Thanks guys. It's nice to have the support and help on here. I'm just going to get back on track right now, get to my aerobics class and work on tomorrow. I'm definitely going to try the vitamin c too. Anything that can help would be great! Thanks guys and keep up the good work.
  • cmw72
    cmw72 Posts: 390 Member
    The trick isn't not eating the pizza ... the trick is not beating yourself up for it afterward.

That being said ...

I just happened to be browsing this article about how cheating on your diet once in awhile might actually be beneficial.

http://www.burnthefatblog.com/archives/2009/12/cheating_on_your_diet.php

It's kinda long, so ... if it doesn't at least cheer you up, maybe it will distract you long enough and you'll forget about that pesky pizza all together! :tongue:
  • poustotah
    Chris, you know, I totally agree with this. Even though I cheated today and tomorrow my weight will probably be up a pound or two, I'll drop those two pounds the next day and usually another 2-3 in the two days following that. Definitely some truth to it. Now I feel good about my pizza. LOL
  • SammiAnne11
    SammiAnne11 Posts: 158 Member
    >hugs<
    Try doing something non food related to! Take a long hot shower, deep condition your hair, paint your toe nails, get a massage, go for a walk, or call your grandma or a loved friend. This alone sometimes can make it better.
    WE all have our moments. Remember every choice is a choice for a better healthy life. =)
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,340 Member
    Hug!

hug3.gif

• youngs
    youngs Posts: 250 Member
    Hugs to you!!
    just remember that we are not perfect(or we would not be where we are today) :grumble: and that we will all have days like this..I am having one of them myself but I just keep reminding myself that I have to stay focused..:ohwell: You are doing a wonderful job..:flowerforyou: dont let a few down days get to ya:brokenheart: ..just hold your head up high and keep moving forward..and if you are still with in your goal for today then so be it you had some pizza..(atleast it was not a whole lg pizza LOL):laugh: but are still on track..2moro is another day and it will be what we make of it..So hop back on the wagon and lets GO!!!:bigsmile:
This discussion has been closed.