What are your talents?

Replies

• Moosycakes
    Moosycakes Posts: 258 Member
    I can tie a cherry stem in a knot with my tongue.
    That is basically my only talent. Makes for a good party trick.

I guess people tell me I'm fun to hang out with, but I'm pretty sure that's because I'm really quite weird compared to others.
    Not just saying that either. I was HOMESCHOOLED, people.

Maybe being nice counts as a talent? I hope so ^_^
  • Moosycakes
    I play the piano, I sing, I crochet, I bake yummy goodies, I dance, I'm good at organizing, I'm good at styling hair and makeup.

And I can keep up with three busy boys 8 and under on a daily basis. Superwoman!

Whoa, you really are a superwoman!
    You must have heaps of energy! :D
  • kiraleilani
    kiraleilani Posts: 124 Member
    I guess people tell me I'm fun to hang out with, but I'm pretty sure that's because I'm really quite weird compared to others.

[/quote]

I LOVE this!!! I homeschool my boys BECAUSE of the homeschooled adults I met. They were so, you know, THEMSELVES, and not a carbon copy of the masses. So wonderful :)
  • kiraleilani
    kiraleilani Posts: 124 Member
    Whoops, that was supposed to be a quote up there! @ Moosycakes
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member

I think that my best skill, or talent if you prefer, is troubleshooting a problem. I have always been able to analyze and troubleshoot a complex problem and find the solution with relative ease.

^^^ this is my job...oh wait, I'm a System Support Analyst, is this supposed to be my job? It's a collateral duty...yeah, that's what it is...everyone comes to me when they have system connectivity problems and I figure it out and fix it. I actually like doing this...does this make me weird or a techno nerd? :bigsmile:
  • Moosycakes

I LOVE this!!! I homeschool my boys BECAUSE of the homeschooled adults I met. They were so, you know, THEMSELVES, and not a carbon copy of the masses. So wonderful :)
    [/quote]

Wow, awesome! I certainly commend you on your choice to homeschool, it really cuts out a lot of pressure to conform. I benefited hugely from it!
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    I can play the piano. I am a very good cook (not so great with baking though). I've been told I'm an excellent writer (still working on a novel). I can spell just about any word you can throw at me. I can dance rather well for someone my size (years of ballet training when I was a child).

I guess I'm pretty talented! :bigsmile:
  • Soul searching, mind quieting, focusing physically on fitness!
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    I am a old school geek. I have solved computer problems for over 30 years.
    I am also very good at drinking beer. This does not help the geek skills.
    I am also good at navigation. Sailing and drinking beer just go together

A fellow geek/sailor/beer drinker. Very cool.
  • shiraLA
    shiraLA Posts: 272 Member
    tumblr_lhbenoSlnC1qbulq9o1_500.png

^^^^win
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    i have mad coloring skills!
  • NatashaShen
    NatashaShen Posts: 295 Member
    I just finished making 300 cupcakes for a competition! I think thats freaking awesome :)

Oh yea, I'm a great baker.

....Also, I'm damn good at doing taxes (personal and business) lol
  • Changing_Charity
    Changing_Charity Posts: 197 Member
    i sing, draw, and crochet! i make really cute hats! you can check them out at

www.facebook.com/cleegcreations
  • CincinnatiDEIFan
    CincinnatiDEIFan Posts: 188 Member
    I am talented at falling off race horses....or at least that is what my 9 year old would tell you...since the last two times I have tried to canter one...I have managed to fall off....ouch. :-(
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    I write backwards with the first word of the sentence ending up on the right side of the page - comes in handy for notes when I am at work, that way no one knows my sensitive information.

Any other talent I have would end up with me getting a strike so we will leave it at that.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    tumblr_lhbenoSlnC1qbulq9o1_500.png

BRAVO,
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    I can dislocate my shoulder, and bring my hands, from a clasped behind my back position, up and over my head to the front of my body, while they remain firmly clasped the entire time. Put that **** in your pipe and smoke it! It freaks my kids out.
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    I have hidden talents but I cant say- that would give me a strike

but I do have numbchuck skills
  • CalJur
    CalJur Posts: 627 Member
    slow motion juvenile style. i can handle some ricky rozay diced pineapples too! i know i'm sumthin' sumthin.'
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    slow motion juvenile style. i can handle some ricky rozay diced pineapples too! i know i'm sumthin' sumthin.'

I don't know what any of that means, but I think I wanna see it happen.... :glasses: