Back to the beginning

Options
Hello everyone, i just joined and i really hope to get some encouragement. I'm 27 y/o and I'm doing my doctor's degree, a year and a half to go :). It took me 2 years to lose 45 pounds of which i was really proud of, not did i just look great i felt great, i was able to run (which i love) and keep up with things easier. .

Last December i needed to have my thyroid remove, after that, Radioactive Iondine therapy (to kill some extra cells that where left) and 2 months of been super hypothyroid i gained 50 pounds, in 4 months. So i went back to a diet and exercise, have lost 20 pounds in the last 6 months but i'm really stuck. My friends, none of them are fat, tell me to be patient and try not to give it so much importance, but i'm frustrated and it really affect my self esteem, especially now that i have hypertension on top of it.

I'm studying long hours, not sleeping well and trying to eat healthy so my stress level is off the roof. I'm trying to exercise, those day when i have the energy to do it. I know it's harder for me to lose weight because of the hypothyroidism but adding stress and feeling alone on this is not helping. Help!