The Real Secret to Losing Weight

Options
It's funny to me how when I watch all of the diet gimmicks out there that they leave out THE crucial part of losing weight. That is DISCIPLINE. Discipline is the fundamental key to sticking to anything that is not "super fun!" Why doesn't discipline ever come up in the Hollywood Cookie Diet or Carb Smart diets? The answer is because Americans don't want to here that good things must be worked for. We (myself included) always want the cheat code, the shortcut, or the backdoor in on things. We're used to being given everything on a silver platter in this blessed nation. Weight loss must be worked at with great discipline and endurance to be a success. One has to want it and be willing to enter a marathon of discipline. To those that prevail, they shed weight and are able to keep it off because their disciplined lifestyle becomes the new "norm" for them. They bond together with like-minded people and get their heart involved. It takes discipline to lose weight frankly, and without it any diet will fail. This has been a tough thing for me to grasp over the last couple of years because when I started dieting I had a target weight, and I thought that once I was there, I was going to celebrate and eat whatever I wanted. What I needed was a paradigm shift in my way of thinking about food. I needed the discipline to instate that new diet into a lifestyle of healthy living. Through that, I lost weight and will continue to strive. Thoughts?