What's your favorite, reasonably priced protein powder?

Looking for a good tasting, reasonably priced protein powder and I don't feel like doing research lol. Suggestions?

Replies

• mirthfuldragon
    mirthfuldragon Posts: 124 Member
    For price, the vanilla or chocolate Body Fortress stuff is tough to beat, at round $7 per pound. It tastes okay. The strawberry is okay, but some people hate it.

I also like the Optimum Nutrition stuff, and when you get to the 10lb sizes, the flavor choices explode, but the price runs a little over $9 per pound.
  • SophieSLP
    SophieSLP Posts: 107 Member
    Jay Robb is my absolute favorite brand. The cheaper ones usually don't taste good, to me. Pure Protein makes a good powder for a pretty decent price. You can buy it at Target
  • JezzD1
    JezzD1 Posts: 431
    I like designer whey protein. 100% premium whey, french vanilla is my favorite but they have many flavors. Studies show whey protein is the best for women and when you buy this brand you get a free membership in their support/training community/program.
  • thisisiamj
    thisisiamj Posts: 145 Member
    Body Fortress as well -- 2 lbs for 15 dollars and 52 grams of protein per 2 scoops. My favorite is the cookies and cream flavor.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Optimum Nutrition 100% Gold Standard for pure Whey - about 50 bucks online for 5 lbs.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Jay Robb & Isopure Zero :)
    You can get both in 1 lb bags for about $20
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Myprotein.com taste by far the best and really well priced.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    My favorite is Nutiva hemp protein powder. I know a lot of people on MFP like whey better, but I wouldn't trade hemp for whey for all the tea in China! :laugh: I get plenty of whey in my diet anyway. :smokin:
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Trutein
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    I like the Optimum Nutrition Any Whey. It has no flavoring, just adds a slightly creamy taste but no flavor. Has 17 grams per serving, 1 carbohydrate and 70 calories. I like the fact that I can add it to anything without changing the flavor. I have not tried baking with it but they say you can. It costs about $40 for 2.7 lbs. I don't know if that is a good price or not but, I love it so much it is worth it to me.
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Optimum Nutrition 100% Gold Standard for pure Whey - about 50 bucks online for 5 lbs.
    One of the few that have actually been tested and passed.
  • butterflylover527
    butterflylover527 Posts: 940 Member
    Thanks guys
  • brazerbramon
    brazerbramon Posts: 33 Member
    If you want to try a plant based protein, PlantFusion has some pretty good stuff. Its a pea, hemp, and artichoke blend I believe.
  • dj8052
    dj8052 Posts: 15
    +1 On Optimum Nutrition, an honest company with guaranteed results. Any whey that is an isolate is more pure and better processed. You can buy eas at wal-mart for $12 but I doubt you get what's on the label. Check out a vitamin shoppe in your area, they carry ON protein all flavors.
  • djames92
    djames92 Posts: 990 Member
    syntha 6 is really good but kinda pricey id recommend body fortress its 2 pounds for 15 dollars and tastes good. i like cookies and cream and chocolate peanutbutter
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    syntha 6 is really good but kinda pricey id recommend body fortress its 2 pounds for 15 dollars and tastes good. i like cookies and cream and chocolate peanutbutter

If you buy it in 5 lb tubs (which body fortress is not available in) it works out to being less than body fortress. Buying in bulk always ends up being cheaper. Most of the major brands are available in larger quantities (such as 5 lb tubs) that work out to being less per serving than the smaller 2 lb tubs of body fortress or six star.
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,081 Member
    I live in the UK and matrix nutrition 5 kg tubs are swell value for money. They have a range of different ones too (all in one, recovery, whey protein, weight gain and anabolic), lots of flavours as well.
  • Check out Muscltech 5lbs for $35.00 at sams club. You can also purchase on line. Been using it a couple years. Both Chocolate and Vanilla are excellent choices and mix well. 100% Whey 20g protein, 1g fat, 2g sugar, and 9g carbs. Also has BCAA's.