Anyone know anything about "Stevia"?

I have a sugar addiction im working on but i dont think i can give up sugar. I HATE the other sweeteners and heard this stuff was good, natural and without the side effects of sugar...AND zero calories.

So, anyone tried it? What you think?

Replies

• Mpascarella90
    Mpascarella90 Posts: 39 Member
    Personally I love it. I don't eat a lot of sugar anyway but if I do bake something I use stevia or agave. I find stevia to be more potent so I don't use as much.
  • mistadj
    mistadj Posts: 43 Member
    i dont bake...but sometimes...im tired of just drinking water...i want sweet tea
  • ShaniWulffe
    ShaniWulffe Posts: 458 Member
    Be careful with Stevia, though... I seem to recall reading somewhere that it's 300x sweeter than sugar. If you add too much, it WILL be too sweet
  • Mpascarella90
    Mpascarella90 Posts: 39 Member
    Be careful with Stevia, though... I seem to recall reading somewhere that it's 300x sweeter than sugar. If you add too much, it WILL be too sweet

very true!
  • zrmac804
    zrmac804 Posts: 369 Member
    I find it's got a very strong (licorice? herb?) taste of its own. Some people like it, but personally I can't stomach it. I've tried the Stevia-sweetened sodas and didn't enjoy those either.

If you've never tried it before, I'd suggest sampling a single serving first.
  • mistadj

Yea i read that also..but then was looking at a post and someone said that 1 pack = 2 packs of normal sugar. I dont know if its the brand or not.

But ill do tiny test 1st.

Thanks
  • mistadj
    I find it's got a very strong (licorice? herb?) taste of its own. Some people like it, but personally I can't stomach it. I've tried the Stevia-sweetened sodas and didn't enjoy those either.

If you've never tried it before, I'd suggest sampling a single serving first.

Thats a god idea....although i dont think germans do sample packs. Ill have to see if someone i know close by use the stuff....Like going to their house "hey, i come to borrow a cup of sugar"