STARBUCKS!

Options

Replies

• Ronngie
    Ronngie Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I love their holiday flavors! You could always have one as a treat & modify the rest.
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    VENTI Caramel Salted Mocha :drinker: :heart: :love: :happy: :smile:
  • MarineCodie
    MarineCodie Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Tall Skinny Peppermint Mocha, 100 calories.

YEP!

Or, I do just a skinny peppermint latte.
  • jessicataylor2
    Options
    My new favorite is the peppermint mocha. I make it a skinny and it only has 100 cals, 13g carbs, and 10g protein for a tall :)
  • beth40n2
    beth40n2 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I have always ordered skinny anything at Starbucks. But now I found out the arificial sweetners are causing me headaches. So now I am back to the real syrups but still going non-fat milk.

Pumpkin latte, my holiday choice!
  • Mich4871
    Mich4871 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    What I wouldn't give for a venti salted caramel mocha!!!! I WILL however treat myself to a tall one every now and again (only on heavy workout days! LOL)
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options

Yep! This is what I get!
  • tebcolorado
    Options
    Nothing can keep me away from my Venti Peppermint Mocha Frappuccino!

My absolute favorite! I get them year round. It's like Christmas in a cup!
  • prioritizinghealth
    Options
    My tips: take a smaller size or take fewer pumps of syrup.

My favorite holiday drink is a grande peppermint mocha. If I take it as per their standard recipe, it's over 410 calories, and 15 g of fat.

So I have them customize it. I take it non-fat milk, no whip, and just one pump each of the peppermint and the mocha (their standard recipe has 4 pumps of each).

This brings it down to under 200 calories, and most of those are from milk, and very little fat.

ETA - I don't ask for the 'skinny' sugar free syrups. They are effing gross. I'd rather not have the drink at all.

oh GREAT tip for the only 2 pumps thing! didn't even think of that! I'll definitely be trying that now. :)
  • Bennett056
    Bennett056 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Not for me. Too many calories and too expensive.
  • pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    Options

Another great option for people who like the drinks but don't want as many calories is to order a Short! Many people don't realize that this is an option but it is for any hot drink we make. it is only 8oz and satisfies the cravings for the taste without as much stuff. It also will still give you the same amount of caffeine as a tall because they both have a full shot of espresso in them.

This is my secret trick, but you mentioned it first!! :smile:
  • NaturallyOlivia
    NaturallyOlivia Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    the only thing i used to order there was a green tea frap. now i just avoid the place like the plague.
  • JAllen32
    JAllen32 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Same here! This is my go too coffee right now.
  • ktully93
    ktully93 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • prioritizinghealth
    Options
    bump :)
  • terbee
    terbee Posts: 72
    Options
    I think the sugar free syrups are gross, so like some people above, I get regular syrup and ask for half the number of pumps. I like the pumpkin spice latte - grande with two pumps tastes about right to me. However I just made one at home with espresso, steamed milk, a spoonful of pumpkin pie spice, a spoonful of canned pumpkin and two spoonfuls of sugar. Tasted identical and saved me $4.50 and some cals! :D I have a cool milk heater/frother, so that helps.
  • robfong
    robfong Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    What is the best way to make the the Peppermint Frap or Salted Carmel Frap low calorie? Should I say light? or skinny? Thanks!!!
  • Sleepynita
    Options
    Tall Decaf pourover, 1 milk. about 20 calories. Apparently I am not much of a fancy drink person, although I did have a skinny chai the other day.
  • amandaturner612
    amandaturner612 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Just get coffee with 2 pumps of the syrup... then add your own skim milk. :-) Easier to control this way.
  • cassied76
    Options
    I went the "skinny" route for a long time, but using all those artificial sweeteners started to freak me out, SO my current obsession: grande soy misto with 1 pump classic syrup (so delish) - also love a grande nonfat / soy misto with 2 pumps of mocha. Both come in around 100 calories, and are well worth every one!

But really, most mornings I prefer my own coffee with 2 tablespoons of half & half - couldn't get more delicious!