Losing the flab under the arms...

I don't mean the flab directly under the arms, but the flab directly under the armpit, on the side of the chest. I'm looking for some sort of exercises that directly work on that area. If you know any, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks! :smile:


  • cdavis1126
    cdavis1126 Posts: 301 Member
    surgery? LOL

    I go to the gym and they have machines that do target that area. I've been working it but see no change so I'm probably headed for the plastic surgeon at some point!! Yeah, right. Like I can afford that. That muscle is probably part of your pecs.
  • pavang82
    pavang82 Posts: 454 Member
    I have the same question as well.
  • sarahspeace
    i'm working on this area too. push-ups & reverse flies seem to be helping ----> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnpEWnwUyw4 good luck! :o)
  • krl523
    krl523 Posts: 53
    Free weight routines, the bar extender that is at the gym that works your back muscles....body weight has to be down to notice a difference first.....
  • lwest008
    lwest008 Posts: 26 Member
    That 'flab' is unfortunetly excess body fat, and the only way to get rid of it is to keep lowering your total body fat. Pushups, chest presses etc will help tone and strenghen the muscle (Pectorals) underneath, but you can't spot reduce with strength training. The only way to get rid of it is with ongoing weightloss. Good luck!
  • nurseandi
    :yawn: UgGH i know exactly what lil hangie fleshy looking flab you are talking about! i have it as well from when i lost 60lbs a few years ago. Mine's skin so im just trying to work out the muscles in that area to fill the extra skin, no luck yet