Anyone tried waist training corsets?

Options
karenjoy
karenjoy Posts: 1,841 Member
I love vintage and burlesque underwear etc and have been looking at waist training corsets, I have a natural hourglass figure and back when I was slim and young I used to have a very tiny waist, I was wondering if anyone has tried these, what they think and any advice, I know you have to be aware of the medical implications etc and I am not looking to make myself ill or hugely uncomfortable.

Advice please?

Replies

• Dencrossgirl
    Dencrossgirl Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I always thought the type that laced in the back would be comfortable not tightened too much. I had four kids and three C-sections and I think lots of reasons that my belly sticks out is not only from the fat but the muscle being stretched or split. I actually had great abs until my last pregnancy. But I had always wanted to try a corset type thingy to see how it would feel. I find it very awkward to carry things in front, I cant tighten my abs enough. Hope you can find one to see how it feels.
  • kiachu
    kiachu Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    From what I heard people that start waist training consistently end up having to wear the corset all time due to the muscles in the back and abs atrophying and becoming weak and your organs start shifting around. I dabbled in it a bit. Like anything there will be a period where your going to be uncomfortable. Think of when you wear braces and how your mouth feel after getting them tightened and putting more pressure on your jaw and teeth. .
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    Yes, but not for very long once I worked my way up to sleeping in one. I toss and turn a lot and would wake up with sore ribs despite using a well broken in corset and loosening the laces a bit. Give it a try if you enjoy wearing one for extended periods. I plan to start wearing mine again when I can fit into some of them again.

Edit to add: I have no idea if this group is still active but I use to contact them for help ( agh, 10 years ago, time flies) . They have a medical section http://www.staylace.com/medicaladvice/medical.htm
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    From what I heard people that start waist training consistently end up having to wear the corset all time due to the muscles in the back and abs atrophying and becoming weak and your organs start shifting around. I dabbled in it a bit. Like anything there will be a period where your going to be uncomfortable. Think of when you wear braces and how your mouth feel after getting them tightened and putting more pressure on your jaw and teeth. .
    Actually, your organs will actually shift.

That being said, to the OP. Shape your waist through your diet.
  • LadyIntrepid
    LadyIntrepid Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    <<Shape your waist through your diet.>>

Agreed. Shape your waist through diet and exercise and wear the corsets just for fun.
  • stevewynjones
    stevewynjones Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I have a fried who is a DOM in Hamburg. She used to have an 20inch waist.....

she got it down to 18 at one point.....

Painfull.
  • juniperfox
    juniperfox Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I have a fried who is a DOM in Hamburg. She used to have an 20inch waist.....

she got it down to 18 at one point.....

Painfull.
    20in waist is tiny to begin with!!
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,841 Member
    Options
    I used to have a 19" waist when I was about 19 or 20, but obviously I am not looking for that, I just was interested to know if anyone had any actual experience, so thank you all for your comments :flowerforyou:
  • monty619
    monty619 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    some pro bodybuilders would wear lifting belts tightly around all day or when they workout just for the fact thatit makes their waist smaller...but in an unhealthy way... just stick to loseing body fat and your waist will get smaller.
  • kiachu
    kiachu Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Yes, but not for very long once I worked my way up to sleeping in one. I toss and turn a lot and would wake up with sore ribs despite using a well broken in corset and loosening the laces a bit. Give it a try if you enjoy wearing one for extended periods. I plan to start wearing mine again when I can fit into some of them again.

Edit to add: I have no idea if this group is still active but I use to contact them for help ( agh, 10 years ago, time flies) . They have a medical section http://www.staylace.com/medicaladvice/medical.htm

Heh, I remember that site!
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    They scare me.

That said.....I do wear corsets, but only for brief amounts of time when I want to look really slim under a dress.