People who have/had body image issues

Options
I figure this applies to most people here, so I'm wondering: does it ever go away? I mean, after you've been unhappy with yourself for so long, how fit do you have to be to stop feeling that way? Do you just keep finding new things about your appearance to not like?

Replies

• angiechimpanzee
    angiechimpanzee Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    First off, you need to learn to accept that no matter how thin you get, you will always be YOU. You will always have those other flaws you can't change, you will always have your quirks/scars/small boobs/puffy hair WHATEVER. You must accept yourself and be able to say "I know I have some flaws I can't change, I want to be the best ME I can possibly be". I got to that point, and now I no longer have the self esteem issues I used to. I don't care about the flaws I can't change anymore, only the ones I can.
  • envy09
    envy09 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I used to have HUGE body image issues. I was never really what most people would consider fat, but in my own mind, I was the biggest person in the room. Once I found out my actual weight (i had been overestimating by about 40lbs) and started working out, my attitude totally changed. I'm proud of my body now because I worked hard for it. I no longer compare myself to other girls in the clothing store. I do however, have the problem of staring at them and wondering if I could squat their body weight.
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    God I hope it goes away!
  • jordanlell
    jordanlell Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say that I've ever really been considered "fat" either. Just never all that fit. My boyfriend is tired of me talking about it, he thinks I'm too negative about myself, but I just don't know how to start feeling better about myself :embarassed: