Staying on track with a nasty schedule.

Options
I work overnight shifts, 7p-7a Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights. And during the day I have my kids to take care of. So basically from Friday morning through Monday evening....I'm awake. I take a few short naps during that time but that's about it. So I'm concerned about being able to stay on track at work. I'f I've been up since 7am and had my 3 meals and 3 snacks by the time I get to work, then up all night at work, what do you think would be a good way to avoid eating more? I sit at work basically doing nothing all night. That's where a LOT of my bad snacking has happened. Any tricks to kill eating out of boredom?

Replies

• ebr250
    ebr250 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Haha are you a dispatcher?? Sounds like the dispatcher lifestyle. I think the easiest trick is to not have food around other than what you are planning for meals - so no "snack drawer!" If that's not possible (usually because of co-workers grrr....), try doing a quick exercise everytime you feel tempted to eat out of boredom - a few jumping jacks, calf raises, pushups etc. And never overestimate the power of a good stick of gum!
  • jeme3
    jeme3 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    If this is a regular schedule, I'd just work out the calories for Friday through Monday, and spread them out fairly evenly throughout that time, so you are never going more than a few hours without eating something that fits your plan.
  • WVmom24
    WVmom24 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I work in a group home. I work alone but there are TONS of snacks all around! Oatmeal cream pies and doritos are 5ft away at all times, lol. I will try some gum, and bring a lot of flavored water with me to try to keep me satisfied.
  • WVmom24
    WVmom24 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    jeme3, That's a good idea!