Can I REALLY eat more & weigh less?!?!

Options
2»

Replies

• v70t5m
    v70t5m Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I'm small boned with a low body temp ...

And as you exercise, your body becomes more efficient, not less. The closer I get to my goal, the closer I have to shave my caloric intake.

How long did you diet before trying the higher calories?

Could it be a reduced RMR/BMR?

Three months.

On the scale of human metabolic furnace efficiencies, I'm lower than average.

I gain on a 2k cal/day diet. I gain on a 1700 cal/day diet. I lose on a 1400 cal/day diet. I've learned my limits and stay within those delineated limits (MS Excel and other spreadsheet programs are a wonderful tool to track caloric intake versus weight).

Everybody's chemistry and biology is different, this is what makes us amazing. It can also contribute to difficulty in this weight loss/improved cardiovascular health journey we take together. Applaud and appreciate the successes, but don't be afraid to change it up if something is not working for you.

EMTWL does not work for me, but it might work for you.

*A toast* to everyone's individual journey - Hear, Hear!
  • snowfox1
    snowfox1 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • rezn8
    rezn8 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Absolutely, I hit a plateau myself and until I increased my calories was stuck for about 3-4 weeks. I up my calories by 300 daily and started losing again. It's not fast but I have lost about 3 lbs in 2-3 week period. I'm actually finding it hard to eat that much after being used to my previous total.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    OP read this site http://rippedbody.jp and read the whole thing.
    It's a good source for what you can do to lean out while gaining lean mass.
    The program on Ripped Body is only 3 hours a week working with compound moves and almost no cardio but youll get better results.
    Enjoy!
    =D