Doing Weight Watchers and counting calories?

Options
Anybody do both? Im 24 and have been on weight watchers since January and have lost 73 pounds. But now im stuck and the last 10 pounds have taken me 2 and half months to get out of and im still not out of 270's yet. Im hopeing that counting calories also will get me over this. I have noticed that I think WW and calories arent equal. I will be out of points and have to use my weeklys but my calories is telling me I have a few hunderd left. Which one would you go by? I dont have that active of a job so Im getting 1920 calories a day and Im getting 41 ww points a day. And I still have 137 pounds to go. Any Suggestions?

Replies

• LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Anybody do both? Im 24 and have been on weight watchers since January and have lost 73 pounds. But now im stuck and the last 10 pounds have taken me 2 and half months to get out of and im still not out of 270's yet. Im hopeing that counting calories also will get me over this. I have noticed that I think WW and calories arent equal. I will be out of points and have to use my weeklys but my calories is telling me I have a few hunderd left. Which one would you go by? I dont have that active of a job so Im getting 1920 calories a day and Im getting 41 ww points a day. And I still have 137 pounds to go. Any Suggestions?

You can probably count 50 calories as 1 WW point. It isn't exact but that should help you with recording your food on this website. There is a chance that since you now weigh less, you won't lose w/o carefully watching the 0 point items, so be very careful with fruit. Some people add probiotics to reenergize and move past a plateau, others go "gluten free" to get the scale moving.

Hope this helps you Lucky! :wink:

Oh Yeah, congrats on losing 73 lbs
  • shinkalork
    shinkalork Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I don't do weight watchers BUT... I'm a security officer and sometime I'm called and in a rush so need quick food (frozen)...
    I've tried them all but I enjoy A LOT..the smart ones from WW. Amazing calories,carbs and protein....Super tasty too...Like a lot better than all the other ones.... YES, LOTS OF SALT. but they all have a lot.
    That's the only downside to these plates...But if you have no choice, they're still the best choice in these type of frozen food.

I count my calories but with MFP...not WW
  • jessieraefitness
    Options
    Great Job on loosing so much so far!!!

It sounds like you've just hit a plateau and you just need to change up your routine. Do you exercise? If you do you should change your exercise routine. If you don't then change your diet around. Like the previous woman said you could do gluten free or just eating new things you've never eaten on a regular basis before. I really don't know which program is more accurate, but I'm pretty sure changing some things will work:)

Good luck and keep up the awesome work!