Calorie Counting and Medical Issues

Options
I am new here and just wanted to ask a question: When counting calories do you count every calorie in?

The reason I ask is I have some stomach and GI problems and I have to take gummy fiber supplements, vitamins, and eat 1 Fiber One Brownie daily. I added it all up and those three things alone have 105 calories!

Fiber 1 Brownie: 90
2 Fiber Gummies: 10
2 Gummy Vitamins: 5

Would this be counted as my daily intake or not since it's a medical necessity? One day I hope to consume no mroe then 1200 calories and 105 calories is a huge chunk of the day!

Replies

• BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    Options
    If I chew a piece of gum I count it. Count everything. Except exercise.
  • rosesigil
    rosesigil Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Hi, Yes everything counts. :flowerforyou:
  • Aradia_Silvermoon
    Aradia_Silvermoon Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Ahhh OK. I figured but one can try right? Lol! So anything that goes in must be counted. Thanks! :)
  • cherbapp
    cherbapp Posts: 322
    Options
    Everything counts as far as weight loss. But vitamins I don't enter. Just because I need them and they are only 10 calories and aren't going to come off my allowance. But an actual brownie...yeah you gotta count it. One hundred calories a day equal almost a pound a month. I know I am burning that 10 calories getting ready for workouts. Lol
  • missmaex
    missmaex Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Everything counts unfortunately. I can sympathize though, I also suffer GI problems and while I take nothing like that, carbs are the best thing for my stomach and are full of calories :(
  • prettypinkscarf
    Options
    Your body will log the calories whether or not you do! ;)
  • totallyforgiven
    totallyforgiven Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Yes, you should count everything, even when you sample things. But we are human beings and not perfect. It is better to do our best, than it is to be perfect. Don't be so strict, that you do not allow yourself a treat every so often. Also, call it a new way of eating, don't call it a diet, the word diet makes us think it is a test, lol. When we allow ourselves to have a treat every so often, we don't feel so restricted. I know people who are on the WW diet and they eat right 6 days a week, but for 24 hours after they weigh in, they pig out, hmmm, there is nothing wrong with having a treat, but it looks like pigging out for 24 hours straight, would undo everything you have accomplished over the last 6 days, to me it looks like ti would not only undo all that you lost, but also cause you to gain weight.:laugh:

I have done really good over the last 3 years or so, but I was using a website that does not have the option of having software on your computer and on your phone and syncing them, so it has gotten harder to want to follow through with it, what I like about this site, you can also scan bar codes of foods and enter them that way, as well as auto sync them.
  • Aradia_Silvermoon
    Aradia_Silvermoon Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    AnnaMaus: Lol I like the video response!!

Missmaex: Does your issues make weight loss harder?

Pretty: You are so right!!

Totally: I call this a new way of living (even if my daughter hates it) and I try not to restrict myself. I talk to my daughter about everything in moderation! Today we went to McDonald's and instead of gorging on a large meal I had a Chicken Nugget mini meal so I got the taste without overdoing it.

Cher: I like to idea of not counting vitamins lol. I mean it's all good stuff my body needs right? ;)