Calling all Coconut oil lovers

Options

Replies

• mjay107
    Options
    I've just started using it recently. I use it for oil pulling too but my favorite is using it for stove top popcorn. Pop your seeds in it and it smells and tastes like you have butter on it! Not the exact same of course but I'm in love.
  • kramalicious
    Options
    Coconut oil is one of the few oils that actually penetrates HAIR, so use it as a conditioner, too.
    My friends who use it in cooking swear by it. You guys have convinced me. I'm breaking out my skin care supply to cook with! One of my friends pops popcorn in it, and loves it!
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Love love love my coconut oil! I bought it because I heard it would get rid of the bumps on the back of my arms. It's amazing! I use it on my hair and cook with it too! Going to try to whip it like a body butter and give for gifts!

Did it get rid of the bumps?
  • jennfranklin
    jennfranklin Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love coconut oil~ I use it in cooking, and on my skin. Keeps it moisturized and glowing all day! I consume about a tablespoon a day. Spread it on whole grain toast, or muffin! Also use it for a hair conditioner! Did you know that it also works as a natural spf?
  • Nana_Booboo
    Nana_Booboo Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    It's the only oil I use. And I use it for EVERYTHING.... my niece started using it for acne, and YES, it's clearing her face up. I started using it for a couple age spots I have and they're fading. My pup gets her daily dose. my husband had a spot on his head thought to have been skin cancer, 3 weeks later, it's gone. It's a natural alternative to antibiotic, it has the same genetic make up as mothers breast milk.....so much this little magical oil can do.
  • jigglewiggles
    jigglewiggles Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I've just started using it recently. I use it for oil pulling too but my favorite is using it for stove top popcorn. Pop your seeds in it and it smells and tastes like you have butter on it! Not the exact same of course but I'm in love.

I saw another comment mention "oil pulling" too, what is that exactly?
  • srobinson84
    srobinson84 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I love coconut oil! Use it everyday in cooking as well as on my skin and hair. Love it!
  • Nana_Booboo
    Options
    it's amazing in oats!!
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    Love love love my coconut oil! I bought it because I heard it would get rid of the bumps on the back of my arms. It's amazing! I use it on my hair and cook with it too! Going to try to whip it like a body butter and give for gifts!
    i just made a body butter with it - coconut oil, cocoa butter, and jojoba oil - smells exactly like a mounds bar!

ive made coconut bars with it (shredded coconut, coconut oil, and a liquid sweetener [agave, maple syrup etc]), and have used it plain on my skin (totally helps my eczema) but i havent cooked high heat stuff with it yet - though i did spread some on a piece of cranberry toasting bread a few times and its amazing!
  • ucaminax
    ucaminax Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    For those of you that use it as a conditioner-do you use it like a regular conditioner after shampooing and just rinse with water? Or do you have to use shampoo after (I have very fine hair that gets weighed down easily and can look greasy with products) and for those of you that use it as moisturizer do you just use it straight? I use coconut oil occassionally to cook with or in a smoothie, but I love hearing all of these benefits youa ll have experiences-makes me want to start consuming it daily!
  • Nana_Booboo
    Options
    I use the nutiva brand coconut oil

pretty sure this is what I use too.
  • Nana_Booboo
    Options
    For those of you that use it as a conditioner-do you use it like a regular conditioner after shampooing and just rinse with water? Or do you have to use shampoo after (I have very fine hair that gets weighed down easily and can look greasy with products) and for those of you that use it as moisturizer do you just use it straight? I use coconut oil occassionally to cook with or in a smoothie, but I love hearing all of these benefits youa ll have experiences-makes me want to start consuming it daily!

I use it like you would a hot oil treatment.
  • dandksmommy
    Options
    Love it! I buy mine at Trader Joe's. I saw a nice big tub at Costco last week.
    I use it as a conditioner on my daughters dry scalp.
    I use it myself as a hand moisturizer and on my feet. My feet get so dry in the winter and coconut oil solves the problem.
    I don't do alot of cooking with it because the taste is not very desirable for me.
    Hubby adds tbl to protein shakes and I am going to try the coffee/tea trick suggested by another member.
  • schondell
    schondell Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    My mom uses coconut oil to fry meats, fish and vegetables. Also uses it in baking to grease dishes instead of using butter. Then of course topically and as hair conditioner. It's kind of evoo 2.0
  • Nana_Booboo
    Options
    Love it! I buy mine at Trader Joe's. I saw a nice big tub at Costco last week.
    I use it as a conditioner on my daughters dry scalp.
    I use it myself as a hand moisturizer and on my feet. My feet get so dry in the winter and coconut oil solves the problem.
    I don't do alot of cooking with it because the taste is not very desirable for me.
    Hubby adds tbl to protein shakes and I am going to try the coffee/tea trick suggested by another member.

There is a trick I learned from my book, add a dash of salt when cooking to decrease the aroma and flavor of the coconut ")
  • debstanley4
    debstanley4 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Bump for later loving all these Ideas.
  • 4everdieter
    4everdieter Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I had no idea coconut oil had such great benefits. I'll have to buy some and try some of the ideas I've read. I have used it to sun bathe with but not cooking. :smile:
  • Nana_Booboo
    Options
    I absolutely love coconut oil~ I use it in cooking, and on my skin. Keeps it moisturized and glowing all day! I consume about a tablespoon a day. Spread it on whole grain toast, or muffin! Also use it for a hair conditioner! Did you know that it also works as a natural spf?

oh yes!

and a natural anti viral, anti fungal, kills bad yeast, promotes good yeast.

and about a hundred other things.

seriously felt like an old time tonic pusher.....it even helps regenerate hair growth!!

the book explains how by correcting at the cell level.
  • kaseysospacey
    kaseysospacey Posts: 499 Member
    Options

I don't use shampoo as I don't like the ingredients. I use coconut oil on occasion as a conditioning treatment to my hair, just rubbing it in and brushing it and letting it sit and later washing it out with warm water in the shower. I ru it on my body, I also use it on my kids. It is a great cloth diaper friendly cream for rashes and redness. I use it on my teeth. On the occasion that I bake, I often sub coconut oil in for oil or butter. I use a tablespoon in my wok to stir fry vegetables. You can even use it to remove your makeup. I love it. I use nutiva extra virgin unrefined organic coconut oil.
  • mecagney
    Options

Bumps are completely gone from arms and legs. I'm so smooth!

Did it get rid of the bumps?