Trying not to wallow...

Options
Since I have just about achieved my goal weight, I decided to start running and training for 5K's.

I did my first one and I was so excited about training for a better time on my next one, and then I hurt my ankle. It put me out for 6 weeks give or take. I am sure I brought at least 2 of those weeks on myself by being stubborn and running through the pain on and off throughout the entire 6 weeks hoping every run that the pain wouldn't come back. I guess I thought it was just my body adjusting itself from going to mild exercise to such high impact exercise. It got me really REALLY down when I couldn't run without pain :(

I spent what felt like all the time, icing and wrapping and elevating and taking advil like candy...it was a truly devastating part of my life.

I JUST got to feeling better a couple weeks ago and got back to running 5K at a time 4 or 5 times a week and then yesterday, a searing pain in my knee. I just thought GOD this can't be happening to me AGAIN!

I am feeling rather down again, and finding myself wanting to pack it in and give up sometimes. But I am really trying to come here for support, to be able to talk it out, rather than going into my "hole" and sulking again...we will see, I hope it helps!

Replies

• tehzephyrsong
    tehzephyrsong Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    See a doctor, make sure you're OK. At the very least find out if you can run with a knee brace, or if it's time to find another sport.