Which weight should I put?

Options
So back in the spring I strictly juiced and lost 44 pounds. During the summer I gained a couple pounds and then teeter tottered back and forth usually about 4/5 pounds. In October I started MFP and have lost a little. My question is, should I put the weight I was when I started this or my heaviest weight in the spring of 286.6?

Add me if your looking for support and willing to give back, I know I could use the help.

Thanks

Replies

• poeco76
    poeco76 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I don't think it really matters as far as MFP is concerned because it's going to calculate based on your current weight, not a starting weight. I think whatever makes you happy is fine. :O)
  • Melo1966
    Melo1966 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I put in my heaviest as starting weight. Then you know how far you have come.
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    You lost it all, take credit for it all!
  • amnsetie
    amnsetie Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    I use the highest weight, but also a date I know I was at that weight. helps with the graph only.
    today's weight is todays
  • seansquared
    seansquared Posts: 328 Member
    Options

This! It is a great motivator. For example my ~80lbs lost has been in three chunks of time but that is still one straight set of time (aka LIFE) in my book.
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options

^^^^ This
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    What I did was put my highest known weight which was a couple of weeks before Christmas at 344. I probably gained a little around Christmas but that was unmeasured. I started MFP after having lost a few pounds but since my highest weight was 344, I counted that as my point of departure since that is where the journey really began. It is really up to you though.
  • 2Bhealthier2
    2Bhealthier2 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Thanks, yeah a pound is a pound no matter how long it takes or which way you loose it. I guess you could say I pretty much have it etched in my head how much I was at my heaviest and when I started MFP.
  • barbaramitchell101
    barbaramitchell101 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    OK, I will do it!!!! I just listed my previous weight loss in my profile...but my ticker is just since I stsrted here...I owuld rather show my total...I did it after all!!!!
  • 2Bhealthier2
    2Bhealthier2 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    What I did was put my highest known weight which was a couple of weeks before Christmas at 344. I probably gained a little around Christmas but that was unmeasured. I started MFP after having lost a few pounds but since my highest weight was 344, I counted that as my point of departure since that is where the journey really began. It is really up to you though.

That is true and I guess our heaviest weight was a life changing point for all of us on here.