Giving this a shot!

Options
Trying to commit to something that will help me lose weight. I have 2 beautiful children, but hardly any pictures of me with them since I am uncomfortable with how I look. I want to lose about 40 pounds AND I am signed up to run a half-marathon at Disney. If I don't lose some weight, my knees will not be able to handle the running! Looking for some friends that can help keep me motivated and be encouraging! :smile:

Replies

• WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    it works. here's something i've copied and pasted onto these forums a couple of times:

--

here are my tips.

1) determine your BMR/TDEE or whatever you want to call it so you know what amount of calories (on average) you should be eating to lose weight at a healthy pace. if you use the MFP tools, they'll compute this for you.
    2) log everything. don't eat it if you can't log it. take a multivitamin everyday with food.
    3) don't drink your calories. try to get to a point where all you drink is water.
    4) walk or jog or run. alot! ...then start strength training when you're up to it.

forget the scale. don't obsess about daily changes in weight. they don't mean anything. what you're focusing on are long term changes to your lifestyle. the weight WILL come off. you CAN do it. the math works and it doesn't lie. it just takes time.

this is not a diet and you don't have to deny yourself anything you crave, you just have to eat in moderation and be accountable for what you put in your mouth. if you go over on Monday by 300 calories, then go under on Tuesday and Wednesday by 150 calories each day. be honest with your log. be accurate. be accountable. you can lose the weight and it will happen faster than you realize when you make this a lifestyle change.
  • michaelcox39
    michaelcox39 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your decision. You have two beautiful young kids there. You can do this and you can do it starting now. Count what you eat and exercise. Just burn more than you put in and it will happen. Get some pals to help through the hard timew when the scales aren't going like you want them. Feel free to add me if you like. I have been here about 3 months now.
  • djames92
    djames92 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    i lost 80 pounds all by myself so i know how much it means to get even that little bit of encouragement. if you set your mind to your goal you can reach it if you put in the work to! feel free to add me if you want as well
  • markyp12
    Options
    goodluck! :)