Peanut Butter?

Options

Replies

• kazza2cats
    kazza2cats Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I've kept it in but the jar lasts a whole lot longer! Make sure you measure it as V.high cals.
  • Natashaa1991
    Natashaa1991 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    i eat it all the time. watch the calories and you'll be fine.
  • Natashaa1991
    Natashaa1991 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    it's not a certain food that can make you fat, it's the amount of calories that you consume every day.
  • kuntry_navy
    kuntry_navy Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    watch the sugary stuff though, get natural. or even better, switch to almond butter
  • emily_bird
    Options
    Peanuts are a proven appetite suppresent. That's why if you have peanut butter, you can be less hungry and have less cravings. That's what I've found personally. I'd say keep it in, but use portion control or balance it out with other things. I eat A LOT of peanut butter and I managed to lose weight and maintain weight. Yes, it is high in calories, but it also has a lot of the good oils and your body needs oils and healthy fats. Rather eat pure peanut butter as opposed to a peanut butter/with jam or syrup mix from the shop.
    When I'm craving or starting to get hungry inbetween meals, I'll grab a heaped teaspoon/tablespoon of peanut butter if I don't feel like fruit etc.It's also a great source of energy.

Rather learn portion control with the foods that you love and appreciate a little bit of a good thing, than to be miserable because you've deprived yourself of something that you love. Cutting out a lot of other subtle fats and sugars e.g. drink diet as opposed to normal coke if you do, can help as well.
  • haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Make sure it is 100% peanut butter: more protein, more healthy fats, less saturated fat, less carbs.

http://www.bulkpowders.co.uk/peanut-butter.html :)
  • maryjay52
    maryjay52 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    i eat crunchy peanut butter ..ive taken a liking to almond butter too which is supposedly healhy for you
  • cruzcrzyMarie
    cruzcrzyMarie Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I eat a tablespoon almost daily either on an english muffin, or with an apple. ENJOY!

Marie
  • Infauna
    Options
    Dont think of PB as a good protein source. The protein per cal is way too low for that. But its yum, the fats are good ones, eat it if you like it just fit it in. But when it comes to getting protein in theres lots of ways to get more bang for your buck.
  • FitzyFitzpatrick
    FitzyFitzpatrick Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I went to organic/natural. I think doing so has curbed my addiction to peanut butter in general. ?? Perhaps because of the elimiation of corn syrups, etc. ??

I remember as a child, eatting PB like a lolly. No wonder I still struggle, lol.
  • JosephVitte
    JosephVitte Posts: 2,039
    Options
    Super Random Question BUT:
    If I'm trying to lose weight should I keep peanut butter in my diet or x it?
    Such a good source of protein and so delicious but really fattening!

Mon- Fri, at least on working days, I eat 2 teaspoons of peanut butter in the morning. One in my oatmeal, and the other on a piece of bread, along with a piece of bread with a teaspoon of jelly on it. Sometimes I have two waffles, one with a teaspoon of jelly, one with a teaspoon of peanut butter. No problems here.
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    peanut butter has mainly good fats though!:D so yes you should have it in your diet! you don't want to deprive yourself, trust me, that usually leads to binging! just measure the amount you use and don't go overboard!

This is true for natural peanut butter. If the ingrediants say peanuts and salt, you are good to go. If it has HFCS or is hydrogenated (transfats), avoid it like the plague.
  • Bernadettetoo
    Options
    I have peanut butter on toast most days for breakfast. Measure it and count it. Simple. I just love peanut butter :love:

I love it too!! I also have it for breakfast on toast most of the time. I just make sure not to overdo it.:smile:
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Pb2 is my life saver for peanut butter. The company that makes it, bell plantation, is also releasing a new creamy lower calorie peanut butter right now too instead of only the pb2 powder.
  • monty619
    monty619 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    Super Random Question BUT:
    If I'm trying to lose weight should I keep peanut butter in my diet or x it?
    Such a good source of protein and so delicious but really fattening!

well since peanutbutter is my favorite food and i honestly cant eat it in moderation because serving sizes are so small i try to completely get rid of it when im leaning out.
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I'm having some organic crunchy peanut butter mixed with honey right now, dredging apple slices through it. Yummy!

I used to eat it by the spoonful off and on all day - probably half a cup of it. That is NOT the way to eat peanut butter. Portion control - that's the key. Plus stay away from peanut butter that contains hydrogenated fat and sugar.
  • kelseycolbert
    kelseycolbert Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    As long as you aren't eating shovel fulls of it, I would say keep it in! I love peanut butter, and I was having this same question awhile back, and people let me know that although it contains fats, they are fats that are essential to us! Therefore, as long as you watch the caloric intake of it, you will be perfectly fine!
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Keep the peanut butter! Yes, its calorie dense, but its also nutricious and YUMMY.
  • hela821
    Options
    where has almond butter been all my life....i love it!
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    A life without peanut butter, in my opinion, is not a life worth living.