No Idea Why Im Gaining!!!! Really Need Help Urgently!

Options
2»

Replies

• Tamefearnua
    Options
    My stats are:

height - 5' 8.5 inches
    weight - 104 pounds
    age - 20
    gender - female

Basically, i have been logging in for longer on a different account but i didnt want my friends to know what i ate every day, so i made this account to let people see it without my friends knowing it was me
    http://www.anad.org/get-help/treatment-centers/
  • LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    *sighs*

Hun, you either need help because you have an eating disorder or you need help because you have nothing better to do other than troll this site where real people are having real struggles to get to a healthy weight.

Either way I hope you get the help you clearly need.

*This*
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    My stats are:

height - 5' 8.5 inches
    weight - 104 pounds
    age - 20
    gender - female

Basically, i have been logging in for longer on a different account but i didnt want my friends to know what i ate every day, so i made this account to let people see it without my friends knowing it was me

Your BMI is 15.7 You need to gain weight to get into a healthy range. Healthy BMI range = 18,5 - 25.

For your height you should not weigh less than 8st 11lb (which is 123lb)

Edit to add: http://www.bbc.co.uk/health/tools/bmi_calculator/bmi.shtml

I would use caution in using some of these formulas in calculating what healthy weights are for certain people. We are all different and some one who is under weight, could potentially still be in bad shape and high BF %. Or in my own personal case my BMI is 27.5 putting me in the "over" range. I should weigh 132lbs-180lbs. I weigh currently 197lbs @ 12% BF. Not unhealthy by any means.

Not really aplicable logic for a woman claiming to be 5 8 weighing just over 100lb and still wanting to lose.

When wishing to post cleverly, it is always best to think first.

Well in "thinking" about those who use these formulas and specific weight ranges and try to fit into them, I am simply pointing out their flaws.
    Myself as an example was merely to show how cookie cutter calculators do not always produce the correct answer. I have had many clients that on paper, look like they should be healthy or gaining weight. When in reality, they needed to gain weight yes, but the weight they did have was very high BF content, coupled with high blood pressure and cholesterol. My overall point still being, don't be stuck on the numbers on the scale. Look at the body as a whole, and assess your "fitness"

Assuming that the op is genuine, you think making this point to someone dangerously underweight, self starving, and looking to lose more was clever because....?
  • PamelaKuz
    PamelaKuz Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Go to he doctor. They will see your weight (if they don't, tell them your weight). Then, tell them how much you eat in a day. Go from there. Good luck to you. (And if you're a troll, good luck to you as well).
  • Tpain86
    Tpain86 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My stats are:

height - 5' 8.5 inches
    weight - 104 pounds
    age - 20
    gender - female

Your BMI is 15.7 You need to gain weight to get into a healthy range. Healthy BMI range = 18,5 - 25.

For your height you should not weigh less than 8st 11lb (which is 123lb)

Edit to add: http://www.bbc.co.uk/health/tools/bmi_calculator/bmi.shtml

I would use caution in using some of these formulas in calculating what healthy weights are for certain people. We are all different and some one who is under weight, could potentially still be in bad shape and high BF %. Or in my own personal case my BMI is 27.5 putting me in the "over" range. I should weigh 132lbs-180lbs. I weigh currently 197lbs @ 12% BF. Not unhealthy by any means.

Not really aplicable logic for a woman claiming to be 5 8 weighing just over 100lb and still wanting to lose.

When wishing to post cleverly, it is always best to think first.

Well in "thinking" about those who use these formulas and specific weight ranges and try to fit into them, I am simply pointing out their flaws.
    Myself as an example was merely to show how cookie cutter calculators do not always produce the correct answer. I have had many clients that on paper, look like they should be healthy or gaining weight. When in reality, they needed to gain weight yes, but the weight they did have was very high BF content, coupled with high blood pressure and cholesterol. My overall point still being, don't be stuck on the numbers on the scale. Look at the body as a whole, and assess your "fitness"

Assuming that the op is genuine, you think making this point to someone dangerously underweight, self starving, and looking to lose more was clever because....?

How can you make the call from your computer chair that this person is underweight and self starving without proper assessment? My intention and suggestion, would be, and is, that this person not be so worried about numbers, as you and the OP clearly are. This person could be quite healthy at this weight, but because someone told them they had to be X number of pounds, they are trying to achieve something , that yes, could potentially be dangerous. I am simply offering a different perspective, one that doesn't involve scale numbers.

And even if the OP is not genuine, perhaps someone reading through may be inspired and think about weight loss in a new way.

If you feel the need to continue our little back and forth, please do so as a PM, this thread genuine or not should be about helping some one who may need it.
  • grannygail547
    Options
    The same thing happened to me but I figured it out. I had cut my food and calories down so much that I was starving my body and it was reacting to it. I had gained some before I figured it out and since I changed my food intake I am losing. Good Luck to you! :smile: Gail
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    You need to eat more, gain weight and seek professional help, not necessarily in that order. :frown:
  • rachelilb
    rachelilb Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    EAT!!! simple as that
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options

How can you make the call from your computer chair that this person is underweight and self starving without proper assessment? My intention and suggestion, would be, and is, that this person not be so worried about numbers, as you and the OP clearly are. This person could be quite healthy at this weight, but because someone told them they had to be X number of pounds, they are trying to achieve something , that yes, could potentially be dangerous. I am simply offering a different perspective, one that doesn't involve scale numbers.

And even if the OP is not genuine, perhaps someone reading through may be inspired and think about weight loss in a new way.

If you feel the need to continue our little back and forth, please do so as a PM, this thread genuine or not should be about helping some one who may need it.

Bless.
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    You need to eat more, gain weight and seek professional help, not necessarily in that order. :frown:

Always the voice of reason! :-)
  • llaurenmarie
    llaurenmarie Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options

Bless.
    104lbs...and almost 5'9''
    Healthy? Riiiiiight...
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    You're gaining weight because you need to.

Go get professional help.
  • lola111111
    Options
    I just wanted to say a sincere thank you to everyone who replied to this post in a positive manner and did not start just calling me a troll

After reading your comments i have realised that maybe i do need to get some help from some type of professional. So i made an appointment to see a dietician and am going this arfternoon. I am really hoping that after talking to them i can make a meal plan that is right for me and the right amount of calories.
    I really hope i can get healthy

So thank you all

Except the 'troll' accusers...i am NOT a troll...but HAVE used the comments from this page to make a decision that will hopefully lead me down the right path

Thanks again everyone, and good luck!
  • PamelaKuz
    PamelaKuz Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Let us know how it goes.

I just wanted to say a sincere thank you to everyone who replied to this post in a positive manner and did not start just calling me a troll

After reading your comments i have realised that maybe i do need to get some help from some type of professional. So i made an appointment to see a dietician and am going this arfternoon. I am really hoping that after talking to them i can make a meal plan that is right for me and the right amount of calories.
    I really hope i can get healthy

So thank you all

Except the 'troll' accusers...i am NOT a troll...but HAVE used the comments from this page to make a decision that will hopefully lead me down the right path

Thanks again everyone, and good luck!
  • Salkeela
    Salkeela Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    This is good news.... I wish you well on your road to a healthy diet and lifestyle..... :flowerforyou:
  • Melo1966
    Melo1966 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Either you are a troll or have a major eating disorder. Either way, you need help. I'm voting troll in which case you're really sad

This
  • now_or_never12
    now_or_never12 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    You need to eat a lot more and actually gain some weight. At 5' 8" the weight you are is far too low for you. Losing weight is not the healthy thing to do. Speak with a professional to set you up with an eating plan to help you GAIN weight so you become a healthy weight.
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    *sighs*

Hun, you either need help because you have an eating disorder or you need help because you have nothing better to do other than troll this site where real people are having real struggles to get to a healthy weight.

Either way I hope you get the help you clearly need.

Thats a bit unfair...she is clearly having a 'real struggle to get to a healthy weight' ... its just coming from the opposite direction :S

I don't like how the poster said it either, but she is NOT "have a real struggle to get to a healthy weight". At her height and weight, she is underweight. She needs to be gaining and that is what her body is doing. As best it can on what she's giving it.