How soon should I expect to see change from upping calories?

Options
Hi everyone! I'm currently 2 lbs away from where I would like to be and have plateaued. 2 lbs is obviously not a huge amount, but I'm short (5'3) and small-framed if that's even a thing, so it does make a difference in my appearance. I'm not sure what I should be doing differently. I was previously eating 1200 calories and losing steadily. I read a lot of posts on how that might be too few calories if you're not losing anymore, so I increased to 1300. How soon should I expect to see a change from this if it's going to work and/or how long should I wait before increasing my intake further? I would be happy to be eating more, haha!

Replies

• mmckee10
    mmckee10 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    i'd like to know the same thing. I went from 1200cals to 2000cals. and i keep fluctuating 3lbs. V_V help!
  • Scottish_charlene_84
    Options
    I went from 1125 calories to 1535 and it took 4 weeks for me to see a difference. I lost 1/2lb last week then this week i lost 1 3/4lb. be patient. its worth it:smile:
  • mogletdeluxe
    mogletdeluxe Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    A good 6 weeks for me - all of a sudden, the pounds shifted a little. But, more importantly I would say, I could feel and see the difference.

I suspect my maintenance weight has increased since upping calories, but I've definitely changed shape - clothes fit better, and I just look leaner.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    It can take 4-6 weeks sometimes. With just a few pounds to lose, you might want to eat a deficit of just 300 calories.
  • cstexas2012
    cstexas2012 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    A deficit of 300 from my TDEE (1827)? Cool. I guess I'm just paranoid about starting to gain again, but I suppose if that happens I can just adjust down again. Thanks everyone!

PS: 1500 calories sounds amazing, haha, which is somewhat sad.