Pooping

Options
Since I started eating better, I only poop about once every 2 or 3 days...Before, I pooped several times a day...Do you guys weigh yourselves on days you don't poop, and if you do, do you only count the days that you pooped (assuming that this number is your REAL weight loss?)? Basically, have you noticed any changes with your pooping? Thanks for indulging me guys! You're all amazing :flowerforyou:

Replies

• bsracer
    bsracer Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Well poop is not my favorite topic lol but since you started it................................lol.
    I have also noticed a big decrease in frequency of my trips to "dropping the kids off at the pool". The other thing I have Really noticed is that if I eat really well and keep on track.....things are good in the "crap shack"! but if I stray and jump off the wagon and go back and forth from healthy eating to not so healthy, I have hell to pay!! There are days when I could poop through a screen door and not touch the wires, and other days when I'm setting there thinking "hmmmmm I dont remember eating a porcciipine!!" so I think they key is just being consistant!! hope this helps!! Kyle
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Increase fiber. Drink water. Poop be happy.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    Well poop is not my favorite topic lol but since you started it................................lol.
    I have also noticed a big decrease in frequency of my trips to "dropping the kids off at the pool". The other thing I have Really noticed is that if I eat really well and keep on track.....things are good in the "crap shack"! but if I stray and jump off the wagon and go back and forth from healthy eating to not so healthy, I have hell to pay!! There are days when I could poop through a screen door and not touch the wires, and other days when I'm setting there thinking "hmmmmm I dont remember eating a porcciipine!!" so I think they key is just being consistant!! hope this helps!! Kyle

:laugh: :heart:

Funny as hell, the way you put it, yet all 100% true!
  • mogletdeluxe
    mogletdeluxe Posts: 623 Member
    Options

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahaha! You're awesome!
  • taekwonkenpo
    Options
    Wow..................... i just don't know. How do turtles poop anyway?
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I think you need more Taco Bell in your life
  • KeriAnn06
    KeriAnn06 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I have had these issues all of my life. I don't think it matters how I eat and I have only ever found one thing that helpsl
    http://www.earthsbounty.com/oxy_cleanse.htm
    It's the most amazing product in the world and it's not full of psyllium fibre or herbs. It's all natural. Just vitamin c, sodium and magnesium
  • KathyRed07
    Options

THAT just made my morning - LOL!!!!
  • FitzyFitzpatrick
    FitzyFitzpatrick Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I have completely cut out anything fried since February...and consequently the frequency has decreased. Nothing to grease the skids, is how I look at it.

I eat PLENTY of fiber and protein, I just think there isn't so much waste to eliminate! The good stuff gets USED!
  • stephvaile
    Options
    Since I started eating better, I only poop about once every 2 or 3 days...Before, I pooped several times a day...Do you guys weigh yourselves on days you don't poop, and if you do, do you only count the days that you pooped (assuming that this number is your REAL weight loss?)? Basically, have you noticed any changes with your pooping? Thanks for indulging me guys! You're all amazing :flowerforyou:

when i upped my protein i had a really HARD time going to the loo so much so i hurt myself so i had to reduce my protein and upped my fibre , going to the loo regular is a must but what is regular everybody is different , i would say going 3 days is too long so up your fibre intake water and exercise these all get things moving nicely only you know if you are having a problem as for weighing i would say most people weigh first thing in the morning after the toilet before any food , but as long as u weigh same time every week in the same clothes it doesn,t matter .
  • tamba01
    tamba01 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I have completely cut out anything fried since February...and consequently the frequency has decreased. Nothing to grease the skids, is how I look at it.

I eat PLENTY of fiber and protein, I just think there isn't so much waste to eliminate! The good stuff gets USED!
    I never thought of it that way :)
  • Maryaly40
    Maryaly40 Posts: 551 Member
    Options

This was AWESOME!!!!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Pooing is private. :sad:
  • FindingSamMon
    FindingSamMon Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Just had to note that at the bottom of my screen is a Mr. Lube advert......hmmm
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    since going paleo I poop everyday, but here is a great link to see what your poop
    means!

http://kimberlysnyder.net/blog/2011/10/18/what-your-poop-and-pee-are-telling-you-about-your-body/
  • stef_monster
    stef_monster Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I have weirdly specific 'rules' for weighing myself. I go to the bathroom first thing in the morning, then exercise, then go to the bathroom again (if I need to), then weigh myself. If I haven't had a BM or think I'm not completely 'empty', I'll weigh myself again the next day. Before I hit my goal I pretty much lived on the scale. I saw a lot of scary fluctuations, but over time it averaged out. What I'm trying to say is, a BM probably isn't going to throw your 'real weight loss' number off by more than half a pound or so. Everybody's different though. I'd suggest trying to weigh yourself on days you go if you find yourself weighing less on those days.
  • Crazy_Diet_Mom
    Options
    I just think there isn't so much waste to eliminate! The good stuff gets USED!

I'm on board with this theory.
  • edennew
    edennew Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I think a person should poop every day. if you aren't, then your fiber may not be high enough. My protein is way higher so I'm having a harder (pun intended) time, but still go every day. As someone mentioned, magnesium is also supposed to help.
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    Try taking a probiotic every day. I'm a probiotic pusher. I had #2 issues my entire life and thought that icky, backed up feeling stomach was "normal"... but probiotics later and I feel like an entirely different person.
  • woodsy0912
    Options
    Ugh I used to have major problems in this area before I started eating healthy. 2 weeks into my lifestyle change and the completely disappeared! I can't believe how my quality of life has improved with this one simple thing. :bigsmile:

I have noticed as well that if I have a bad day or couple of days it makes it worse again. :ohwell: