Any P90Xers?

Options
Anyone else out there doing P90X? I just completed day 3. It's my first time through. I gotta say I'm loving it! Anyone else who is starting or has already started feel free to hit up this thread and tell your story. = )

A little about me.

Aside from what my profile can tell you, I am basically trying to get down to a goal weight of 185. I love working out, especially lifting weights. I started P90X because I wanted a challenge. Being 23 years old I have basically not been truly challenged athletically since high school. Well so far P90X is kicking my butt and giving me what I want. I am a school teacher and I would eventually like to become a full time coach. Before I do that however I want to get a better grasp on physical health. My cardio and core work has always been my weak point. P90X is really opening my eyes to what it means to be physically fit.

Anyways, hope to hear some responses on here. Please check out my blogs if you are interested in the P90X routines or how my life has changed for the better!

Replies

• AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! There are A LOT of people on here doing P90X, me being one of them. I started a thread not long ago called "First Round P90X-ers" and there is a loooooong running thread called "P90X Starting a New Thread"

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/77056-p90x-starting-a-new-thread?page=12#posts-1095992

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/76552-first-round-p90x-ers?page=5#posts-1095490

Feel free to join in those if you want!

Good luck, keep us posted!!
  • perriangela
    Options
    Just finished Day 19 of the Lean version. It's my first time doing it, too. I'm really enjoying it although I'm struggling with deciding how many calories I need..
  • marksball
    marksball Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Awesome. I will have to check those out! Even though Plyo was two days ago I just now feeling it today. My legs, especially my calves, are killing me. Hopefully yoga will take care of it tonight.
  • OddSquid
    OddSquid Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was Day 17 of Round 3 for me. Been at this since the beginning of August. I've gone from 166 and mushy to 150 and leaner. I could use another 10 lb. drop but I'm not going to freak out about it because I know that it gets harder to drop weight at this level without major readjustments.
  • operator
    Options
    I've been doing p-90-X since Jan 4th. I have gone through my first 3 weeks, my recovery wek, and I am now on my 4th week. I gotta tell you, the 4th week is tough. The workouts are tougher I think than weeks 1-3...and I hate Yoga-X.

It is an awesome tool though..you just gota push it!

Personally, I am heavy into MMA and the guys here at work train Brazillian Jiu-Jitsu with me every day, sometimes Muay Thai, sometimes just boxing...and sometime the Bas Rutton all around fighting workout....which is what I will do today. Monday I did the chest arms and back routine with ab ripper X. Tuesday was Plyo which I skipped but I had a hell of a BJJ workout.....and I did not wake up today to do my bicepts and back. SO today...........I will do this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYmfmwUc3p8

This is a crazy workout. If you can't do P-90-X, you can do this workout anywhere. There are 2 sides to the "tape". Ten 2 minute rounds, or seven 3 minute rounds, with 1 minute break in between each round. It is tougher than anything.....but it is an AWESOME 30 minute routine. The sprawls (defense) really work the core.....

Good job on the P-90-X, though. Keep it up....