Correllation between WW points and Calories consumed

Hi all,
I lost 6 stone with weightwatchers and have been within a stone of goal (of thereabouts) since June 2010.
I have found maintenance extremely difficult and found that when I got to goal it was nearly impossible to stay there.

Knowing what I know now, ( I was on old points btw) that diet cut out all fats essentially, including healthy fats and I do feel I have a healthier diet now than I did then

My query of something I'm curious about is how the points relate to calories etc... I do understand the science behind old points and pro points but as a mere exercise I just worked out how many points I am eating at the moment to see was there a link.

By the looks of it I am eating over my WW allowance by about 3/4 points a day which is baffling, and that's not including vegetables.

For example, I should be on 19 old points but I have been eating around 23/24 each day and not gaining?

Maybe I'm rambling but I just find that so strange!!!

Replies

• When I was on WW I would continuously go into the red over the week and still lose. I tracked on both WW and MFP for a while and realized that if I stayed within my points it was only like 1200-1300 calories, and my BMR is like 1600 ish. So the daily intake in points is quite low in calories, again depending on what you are eating that is.
  • apohaqui
    apohaqui Posts: 7 Member
    Hi, I just came across this thread, and it caught my interest, as I was WW online until awhile ago. My pts/day were 27-29 depending on how I felt (hungry or not). I too found that by counting points I didn't always get in my healthy guidelines for the day... Milk, oils. But since joining MFP (still picking up tidbits everyday) I find that I am getting my dairy in every day, as well as my oils. I am 55, female, and according to WW I am suppose to have 3 dairy / day, but I hated counting 6 pts. Plus hated giving up 2 pts for the oils, hence I didn't always have them. As far as counting goes, my menu today is under 1500 cal, but sitting about 35pts on WW. In my previous life, I would have been panicking by now, but with MFP, I'm not. Tomorrow is another day with a clean slate.
    This weight didn't go on overnight, and It won't come off overnight. Kathy