HRM Monitor? Which one should I get?

Options
Hey: I have about 9 weeks left till my St. Louis Marathon and its beginning to get warm outside so I need to get a HRM to be able to pace myself outdoors. On the treadmill its easy to just pick a speed, but outside is another story. What do you guys recommend? I have never used a HRM and if I go in a store, i'm sure the sales people will just sell me on the most expensive one. Let me know what you guys think please.

Mike

Replies

• csingleton24
    csingleton24 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I myself don't need the fancy programmable type ones so I just have a Polar F4. This one works great. My husband has it too and it won't interfere with each other when we are running together. At the end of the week it gives you your weekly stats (calories burned, time at high intensity, med. and low), and you can customize your heart rate zone if you want. It seems pretty basic but that's all I needed. I just wanted to know how many calories I was burning doing certain activities. Oh yeah, it's also water proof which I love cause I use it when I ocean kayak.

Anyways, I recommend the Polar F4 if you just want a basic no major thrills HRM. It made SUCH a difference for me! Good Luck!

~Christy