The Hostess Effect

Last night I indulged in a rare treat - those damn Zingers that Hostess makes. I bought a box at the store in a weak moment because I thought I may never get to have one of these EVER again. So, I ate one and it was delicious. Wow.

Cut to 5am - Wake up and am craving......a ZINGER.

Junk makes me want MORE junk. Why did I do this to myself?

Anyone else have the same problem?

Replies

• Mighty_Rabite
    Mighty_Rabite Posts: 581 Member
    If it's a rare treat, I wouldn't sweat it too much. But it does seem like all the bad foods out there are geared towards addiction - I know I definitely get fast food pangs if I keep eating fast food, so I try to stay away from it as far and often as possible.. same with ice cream and whatnot.. though once in a while it's good to stave off the troll with a sweet or two.
  • kaseysospacey
    kaseysospacey Posts: 499 Member
    I have the same thing. If I dont have junk I dont want it. If I have junk then its all I want.
  • Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 806 Member
    I have the same issue. I have found some yummy things that don't result in craving junk. Like fruit smoothie bubble teas and slow churn ice cream. So when I indulge I go for those.
  • esl269
    esl269 Posts: 29 Member
    If I bought a box, I'm certain it would be gone before tomorrow. I just have enough self control not to buy any.
  • collingmommy
    collingmommy Posts: 456 Member
    I'm the same way. If i eat a reeses cup, I'll want a cookie, then ill want chocolate milk. And so on. So i try to keep yogurt stock piled.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    I find this very true for alcohol. I enjoy one beer, then I like a few more beers and suddenly they are all gone.