For those who love whipped cream!

Options
ilovelucy711
ilovelucy711 Posts: 381 Member
My family loves whipped cream and I am going to bring this mock whipped cream with me for Thanksgiving!
All you need is a can of coconut milk!
You need to refridgerate the coconut milk in the can overnight.
Spoon out the solid mixture! And place in mixer. And start whipping.
And mix with 2 tablespoons of powder sugar.
Maybe add in a little vanilla.
And there you go "whipped cream"

Replies

• ckish
    ckish Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    nice
  • kje2011
    kje2011 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    My family loves whipped cream and I am going to bring this mock whipped cream with me for Thanksgiving!
    All you need is a can of coconut milk!
    You need to refridgerate the coconut milk in the can overnight.
    Spoon out the solid mixture! And place in mixer. And start whipping.
    And mix with 2 tablespoons of powder sugar.
    Maybe add in a little vanilla.
    And there you go "whipped cream"

bump
  • twiglips
    twiglips Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Yum - will have to try this for sure!!
  • pelles
    pelles Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    bump
  • LikeNoOneElse84
    LikeNoOneElse84 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I'll have to try this
  • erinnstreeter
    erinnstreeter Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I've done this, and it is legit.
  • trinityrecgirl
    Options
    Interesting idea! Will have to try this as well. Thanks
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I hope that's just for you and you're not depriving the rest of your family of the real thing.

My aunt tried to do that to us once. There was a rebellion, which is forever more known as The Whipped Cream Conspiracy.

And not everyone likes coconut (including me).
  • LowcarbNY
    LowcarbNY Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    So you are using the concentrated solids from the coconut milk and throwing away the coconut water?

How much of that do you get out of a can of coconut milk?

Why is this better than just using "real" whipped cream?
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    how many calories? I make my own whipped cream with heavy cream and sugar substitute. heavy cream whips to double it's size (i.e. 1 cup of heavy cream make 2 cups of whipped cream), so the real stuff is only 50 calories for 2 tablespoons when using sugar substitute.
  • muffle1969
    muffle1969 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I use Fat Free Redi Whip. It's 1/4th the calories of regular whipped cream at 5 calories per 2 tbsp. And it tastes good...I use it on berries as a dessert or snack.
  • MzJoy2000
    Options
    Any particular brand of coconut? Size of can?
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I use the light whipped out of the can, which is 15 calories for 2T and yummy.
  • Melo1966
    Melo1966 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Coconut milk can be calorie dense too and your adding sugar. I do not see any calories saved here. I also have family that hate the taste of coconut. :huh:
  • LowcarbNY
    LowcarbNY Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    how many calories? I make my own whipped cream with heavy cream and sugar substitute. heavy cream whips to double it's size (i.e. 1 cup of heavy cream make 2 cups of whipped cream), so the real stuff is only 50 calories for 2 tablespoons when using sugar substitute.

I've started using powdered innulin fiber as a stabilizer. It adds sweetness without sugar, adds fiber and makes the whipped cream stiffer. About 2 TBS per 8 oz of heavy cream works for me.
  • gingerjen7
    gingerjen7 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    So you are using the concentrated solids from the coconut milk and throwing away the coconut water?

How much of that do you get out of a can of coconut milk?

Why is this better than just using "real" whipped cream?
    ^This. Real whipped cream is only 25 calories for two tablespoons, which is a pretty large amount of whipped cream, unless you're just drowning stuff in it.
  • m0ll3pprz
    m0ll3pprz Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing! I love everything coconut so this might be right up my alley! I will have to scout out the different sizes next time I go to the store. I would like to try it but my family will want the old stand by. I'm curious, do you think you can use stevia or agave nectar or does the powdered sugar have something to do with the way it sets up? Did you use a specific brand?
  • m0ll3pprz
    m0ll3pprz Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I've started using powdered innulin fiber as a stabilizer. It adds sweetness without sugar, adds fiber and makes the whipped cream stiffer. About 2 TBS per 8 oz of heavy cream works for me.

Nice tip thanks!
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I hope that's just for you and you're not depriving the rest of your family of the real thing.

My aunt tried to do that to us once. There was a rebellion, which is forever more known as The Whipped Cream Conspiracy.

And not everyone likes coconut (including me).

Quite literally laughed out loud at this....yea there would be an uprising if my sister tried such a thing