Lifestyle change is required.
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    hes losing the weight again , i think hes down to 380
  • Beccy2pointoh
    Beccy2pointoh Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I thought Chris Powell was his bff. I wonder if they are still friends & how he feels about this huge gain.?
  • LilacSnow
    LilacSnow Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    god, that was SO sad, and what's worse is the comments on that you tube video. people are such *kitten*.

i hope he's able to lose the weight again and keep it off, and his girlfriend is awesome for standing by him when things got tough.
  • follmer20
    follmer20 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Just watches the video. I totally agree. To be able to change your outside you have to be ready on the inside. Ive realized this along time ago. I hate what I see in the mirror but emotionally I wasn't ready to change. You have to want to do it. You have to put the past behind you and move forward.
  • liittlesparrow
    liittlesparrow Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    God GOD that's 100 lbs gained in a year... EACH year. Jesus Christ o_O.............................
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    During my weight loss (the first time around) I went from 195lbs down to 152lbs. I looked exactly how I wanted to, but at the time, was still trapped in an unhealthy marriage & was devastated by it all. I hadn't changed the inside, at all.

I ended up divorcing my husband & moving on, raising our two kids.

There was a lot of struggle during this time, and because I hadn't dealt with feelings, emotions, pain that was still on the inside, I ended up gaining back up to 182lbs.

9 weeks ago, I started working on the outside again (after spending a couple months prior, and STILL, working on the inside).

This time it feels much different. It is a much slower process, but I'm re-learning me.

Please, don't be a victim to this, as David was. It's not all about your physical appearance. Make sure that you are getting healthy on the inside as well. Don't be a statistic. Do yourself proud, and do it right. You do NOT want to lose and then have to re-lose the same pounds. It's mentally and emotionally tough, and draining.

I hope that David does himself right this time, and works on himself from the inside, out.
  • boatsie77
    boatsie77 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    well being that i just gained 20 lbs over the summer.... im kind of getting the whole lifestyle change. its hard though because when food is your drug of choice- for comfort or to block emotion, u need to come up with a new one. im thinking mine was excercising. i really got out my stress... gotta find me a new gym and reboot
    You don't need find a substitute for food to 'block or comfort' emotional pain, what you need to do is face and deal with that part of your mind that manifests the emotional pain, work on letting it go and get on with your healthy and happy life.
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    On a lighter note, I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to Geico
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    No one ever listens when you tell them this unfortunately :( They always assume that self-confidence and an amazing life are your prize for reaching a number on the scale. They dont realize they are supposed to be working on all that stuff at the same time - or they are going to have even BIGGER issues once you are no longer hidden safely behind your excess weight and youre all vulnerable and exposed.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    It is disheartening, I lost 80lbs and gained back over 100lbs. Right now, I am having a hard time getting rid of clothes that are too big because I'm afraid I may relapse. I feel bad for him, because I've been there. Hopefully he can get back on track.