Alcohol and weight loss

Options
Hi everyone,

Thought it would be interested to introduce alcohol to the scene as I feel it plays a huge role in weight loss. This is because

1) the calories in the alcohol itself AND then
2) the indirect effect it has on self control

I know this all so well as this week at day 5 I was 1.4kg down then now at day 7 only 0.5kg down. Still a good end result but shows the difference it can make. I only have 5 drinks but my self control went out the window and I found myself grabbing at chocolate and chips.

Does anyone else find social occasions hard? especially those that involve alcohol?

Replies

• FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Thought it would be interested to introduce alcohol to the scene as I feel it plays a huge role in weight loss. This is because

1) the calories in the alcohol itself AND then
    2) the indirect effect it has on self control

I know this all so well as this week at day 5 I was 1.4kg down then now at day 7 only 0.5kg down. Still a good end result but shows the difference it can make. I only have 5 drinks but my self control went out the window and I found myself grabbing at chocolate and chips.

Does anyone else find social occasions hard? especially those that involve alcohol?

After sleeping with plenty brown baggers i decided to dump the juice. Being drunk just wasnt fun anymore. I get weird looks and insults from people who i hang with but boys will be boys.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I don't find social occasions hard, but then I drink most days whether at home or at a social event. But I don't have a problem with pigging out or eating junk when I drink so it hasn't been detrimental to my weight or fitness goals.