Hard to meet Fat Goals

Options
Hey guys. I'm new to weight loss, so I could use about as much help as I could get.

Money limits my options as to what I can/can't eat, and I'm having some issues. Making my calorie goal for the day is normally really easy, but even after breakfast today I've already broken my fat goal. I know I can change my breakfast for tomorrow, but it's a little discouraging for the rest of today.

What... should I do? How can I eat enough calories without eating too much fat?

Replies

• LisaLouisiana
    LisaLouisiana Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    What did you eat?

Sticking to a whole foods type diet cuts a lot of fat and a lot of sodium out of your diet.

There are people that look at the way I eat and believe they could never afford it. The truth is, by cooking at home and eating what we cook and not spending money on fast food and other types of restaurants, it's actually quite reasonable. Cooking all of the time can be a pain, so I cook big and eat the same thing once a day for a few days in a row. I have something for lunch and something else ready for dinner. When I run out of one of them we'll cook something else.

Are you eating any vegetables? Unless you're adding fats to them, they're fat free. I've learned that I enjoy them and enjoy them steamed. It works quite well for me.

You can add me and look around my diary. It's open for my friends to see.

Lisa
  • hiker359
    hiker359 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    fruits, vegetables, chicken, fish...hard to eat too much fat that way.
  • LisaLouisiana
    LisaLouisiana Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    fruits, vegetables, chicken, fish...hard to eat too much fat that way.

^^^^^^^ Agreed^^^^^^^ As long as you're not adding a lot of fats to them when you cook them. :)
  • ErinRibbens
    ErinRibbens Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I don't worry about fat as long as it comes from healthy foods and especially not processed foods! for example, I eat eggs for breakfast every single day, and butter on my toast. It's cheap and filling and full of nutrients. Also I eat a lot of salmon, tuna, cook my food in olive or coconut oil, use full fat dairy (as unprocessed as I can get- i.e. non-homogonized milk)...some will tell you that's too much fat but there are studies to prove that is false. Balance it with lots of fruits and veggies and you'll be fine.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    If you went over in one meal, then I wonder how low your fat macro is? It sounds like you may need to change your settings.