liquid diet

Options
hey so, can somebody tell me the pros and cons of a liquid diet? and im guessing a liquid diet doesn't includ milkshakes, am i correct?

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    hey so, can somebody tell me the pros and cons of a liquid diet? and im guessing a liquid diet doesn't includ milkshakes, am i correct?

Do you have a broken jaw, that you are asking about a liquid diet?
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options

Pros: None.
    Cons: Everything.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Cons: you are not eating food and depending on what this liquid diet is, you may not be getting enough calories, macronutrients or micronutrients. Plus, I cannot see how it will be enjoyable in any way.

Pros:......sorry, cannot think of any
  • Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    no pros - the effect on the weightloss will be same as eating the same amount of calories that you plan to drink
    cons: you don't get to chew, no fiber, no or almost no protein, you will be hungry and cold... and many many others
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Con: Your digestive needs solids to work properly. Extended periods on liquid diets can cause atrophy, as it's meant to push solids through, sort of similar to how you squeeze toothpaste out of a tube. You could end up with longer term digestive issues if you do it often enough.

Plus everything else already said, and yet to be said.
  • Minnesota_Nice
    Minnesota_Nice Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    From personal experience.....

Pros: lost weight fast... Detox the body...

Cons: hershey squirts coming out of my ears.... Gained all the weight back plus some and therefore now I am a Mfp addict and fat.
  • ShaneOSX
    ShaneOSX Posts: 198
    Options
    I think most people who see results from a liquid diet see them because they are suddenly eating much healthier foods and have cut a massive number of calories. It has nothing to do with the fact that they are drinking instead of eating their food.

You can easily eat a glass of vegetable juice or a fruit smoothie to your daily intake without cutting solid food.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,119 Member
    Options
    What are you trying to achieve with this type of diet?
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options

**** im down for anything that involves milshakes. giggity.

swag
  • cota_girl
    cota_girl Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Is this for surgery prep? Liquid diet is anything that is liquid, or that will melt at room temp with no solid pieces in it. so, yes, milkshakes as long as there is no fruit pulp or fruit pieces in it. Strained creamed soups, popsicles, boullian, some allow the baby food meats mixed in with broth. Just be careful you get your protein and other nutrients, and if it's just to lose weight, it's not good long term. Do some research, there are different ways to make it decent.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    is there ethanol in said liquid?
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options

Do you have a broken jaw, that you are asking about a liquid diet?

LOL colonoscopy?