NSV - one year of steady working out

Options
vendygirl
vendygirl Posts: 718 Member
This isn't the biggest NSV but I though I would post it for the others in the same boat as me.
I decided last year to really re-commit to going to they gym and drop weight. well I haven't lost much weight (only 7lbs) but I have passed my one year mark of going to the gym on a regular basis (3-4 times a week). This is a huge deal. I am currently laid up with a back injury (due to playing two much broomball) but I have only been out a week and I went for a small walk this morning and thankfully I felt better (no real pain). I plan on meeting my trainer at the gym Wednesday to do a very light workout. It will mark 1 year with her as well.

I haven't lost much weight or many inches but I KNOW I am stronger and healthier than I was last year. I can do 10 pushups no problem now (still girly but I can also do regular just not 10 in a row yet), I can do a 2 minute plank, I can even do 10 burpees w/o dying by #2 (due to the bad back I still modify them though)

It isn't all about the weight. That will come off in time. It is about committing and it will all fall in place. I have been frustrated with the little weight loss but I have kept powering through. This past week has been torture because I wanted to be in the gym but I could barley sit let alone walk but still was yearning for the gym.

Happy 1 year of steady working out to me! :D

Replies

• divacat80
    divacat80 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    It's awesome! Congratulations!!! Feeling healthy is what makes you keep going,your body WANTS healthy food and daily exercise :)
  • elf618
    elf618 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    congrats! Great work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!